Wow, new lights for an old guy

g8trwood

Newly Enlightened
Well I have been an LEO for 23 years and my old friend has always been a mag-charger with a stinger as a belt backup.

I ventured into a 1X123 Fenix last year and was pretty impressed. I recently decided to try one of the P60 drop ins. Calvin had a P6 to me in 2 days and Gene had a drop in to match (High lum version).

Wow. I cannot believe the light that comes out of this little package. I live on 5 acres and for a light that is not a thrower I can certainly "light" some stuff up.:laughing: I am going to put it on my m4 and I cannot imagine being any happier with this combination, especially for the price. I have not tried a side to side comparison with my old mag-charger but I can see this small package as a contender for a multi-purpose light.

My old P6 is certainly put to shame and is crying in the corner. Now if I could only upgrade my TLR1....

Thanks for a great and informative forum.

Draven451

Enlightened
:welcome: I recently started re-browsing this forum after a short absence. Alot of very friendly and knowledgeable people here. It only takes that one new light to start this addiction and before you know it you will be posting your own beam comparison threads! Enjoy your new light!

Zenster

Enlightened
I'm also an "old guy" who came here looking for some basic info on how to find a good flashlight.
That was a mistake.

I'm currently at about 20 lights, and my trusty old Magcharger is now sitting at the bottom of a closet, having been replaced with a new AE Xenide 25W, while a DBS, CL1H, A9s or MRV-SE do the everyday work when I don't need to run an alarm call with the AE Xenide.

It's hell to be old and realize that some technology had almost passed me by. :(

But I'm making up for it. :eek:

Robotack

Newly Enlightened
LEO for 4 years here. A Streamlight Scorpion on my belt and 3D Maglite in hand from the start. A few new lads arrived with LED lights that were brighter than my Scorpion, so I came on here looking to find out what might be a nice replacement for the SL...

I've now upgraded both my 3D's to LED's, replaced my old SL with a SF 6PL, and a Fenix T1 on the way!.. Expensive little obsession!...

Oh, I also just got issued a LED Lenser V2 3C cell.