Ultrafire C2 Q5 Cree WoW!!!!!

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
I recieved my new Ultrafire C2 Q5 Cree Flashlight for Christmas and WoW!!!! All my other Luxeon lights, Surefire EL1, PentagonLight L2 HA, Pelican PM6 Aluminum HA, will go in the drawer with my incans.

When it first arrived it was early morning of course so all I could do was close all the doors to the hallway for its first try and Holy S&!t the light reflecting back off the white gloss enamel door at the end of the passage 10 metres away nearly blinded me.

Next I cleaned, lubed and tightened everything and waited for dark, I was even more impressed the spill beam lit up most of my back yard with a tight spot in the back fence at 30 metres.

The color temp is very good with a very slight green tint.

As soon as I got back inside it was onto the net and ordered another C2 in HA. That arrived this morning and I swapped the LED's over so now I have a Q5 C2 in HA.

On new years eve My Brigade was called to two incidents a sub station fire and deliberatly lit wildfire.
At the wildfire we were asked to search an area where it was believed the arsonist had run, the C2 actually out shone the vehicle mounted 55 watt halogen spotlights we have on the engine the rest of the crew and my Captain were blown away. So it looks as if I will be ordering another 5 C2's
tomorrow.

The silver Ultrafire LC18650 protected batteries fit well in the tube but my old blue protected's don't.

I could have bought about 20 of these C2's for what I have spent on other lights over the past year, they are sensational value for money.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have any problems with the top of the +ve battery not making contact with the module.

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
No problems at all the battery is a tight fit but no contact problems at all the battery is 67.83mm long and the old blue protecteds are 66.33mm long this is because the because the protecting circuit is in a wafer at the neg end of the battery and not on the side.

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
Any idea what the actual lumen/lux output is? Sorry if I missed it in another thread.
Sorry I have no idea what the output is either however the factory claim 200 Lumen I believe.

What I can tell you however is that it is so bright that it makes my PentagonLight L2 HA output look like a Candle in comparison, well that may be a bit of an exaggeration and as I have no way of measuring the output, I would say the C2 is at least three times as bright

Delta

Enlightened
If you think it is bright with 18650, put some primaries in it and prepare to be blown away. The 18650 output is nowhere near what it CAN do.

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
If you think it is bright with 18650, put some primaries in it and prepare to be blown away. The 18650 output is nowhere near what it CAN do.
I have used it with CR123a's and you are right it is brighter, Unfortunatly because my useage is high I can't afford to use them as my Brigade only supplies batteries for the UK 4AAA Helmet Lights.

LEDite

Enlightened
Dodger_Man;

I did the same LED swap as you.

I selected the lowest voltage Q5 LED (3.3VDC @ 700ma) out of ten black C2 lights I was giving for Christmas, and put it into the nicer Ultrafire HAIII grey body C2.

The resulting light performs very well compared to my old standard (Cree P4 Eastward YJ w/deep reflector).

Larry

Last edited:

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
Dodger_Man;

I did the same LED swap as you.

I selected the lowest voltage Q5 LED (3.3VDC @ 700ma) out of ten black C2 lights I was giving for Christmas, and put it into the nicer Ultrafire HAIII grey body C2.

The resulting light performs very well compared to my old standard (Cree P4 Eastward YJ w/deep reflector).

Larry
The Gray HA body is much better looking, but to be honest the durability is all I really care about as my lights never really stay looking new for long.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't feel bad.

CPF is an amazing repository of information, arguably the largest on the web. Odds are, the answer is already here.

So by finding/asking/discovering the answer to a question, you put the information within someone else's grasp.