Z60 Lanyard install assistance

steerpike999

Newly Enlightened
Good afternoon from Oz. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all fellow Falshaholics. :party:

I just got delivery of my 4th light, a Kroma Mil Spec, BRILLIANT!!

Could someone help me with a suggestion as to how to fit the Z60 Lanyard ring that came with the Kroma? its the 2 part plastic ring, short of having a special tool made, it has me stumped.:thinking:

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Cheers and Beers

Steerpike

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Z 60 Lanyard install assistance

:welcome: Steer

In theory, you should be able to press those 2 halves together. In practice, that lanyard ring used to be (I don't have a new K2 to check) sized for the SF A2/L1 and it doesn't fit the groove in the K2 tailcap. In other words, the lanyard attachment doesn't work on that light.

steerpike999

Newly Enlightened
Re: Z 60 Lanyard install assistance

:welcome: Steer

In theory, you should be able to press those 2 halves together. In practice, that lanyard ring used to be (I don't have a new K2 to check) sized for the SF A2/L1 and it doesn't fit the groove in the K2 tailcap. In other words, the lanyard attachment doesn't work on that light.

Ok. Thanks GreenLED. That is what I thought reading the previous posts however I assumed the one I got with my Kroma in the box was a "new" one and did fit. I'll keep trying I guess.
Cheers:thumbsup:

steerpike999

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone else is interested I took a small round file and filed the inside of the layard ring, took about five mins and it clips on no probs. :party:

Not my original idea, I am pretty sure I read it here on the forums but can't remember who suggested it. Anyway, thanks:goodjob:

Brozneo

Enlightened
Welcome! You have yourself a great light there - And I never knew that the K2 could have a lanyard attachment!