Surefire 6P LED Accessories...

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, new member here, I pretty much understand how things work on here for the most part, I belong to several forum groups such as DodgeIntrepid.net, ADKforum, nysairsoft, and some others. I am a 20yr college student graduating in Automotive Technology and going on to study at FLCC for natural resource conservation law enforcement, to hopefully become an ECO in the end. I recently purchased a Surefire 6P LED, and the light output is quite impressive, but i want more (don't we all) another item in my arsenal is the almighty MagCharger, and my reason for purchasing the 6PL is to replace the giant mammoth light, so in order to do so, i need to step up my light output. I recentyl joined the malkoff devices site and am awaiting an email notification when the m60 lights are in stock, but i am not sure which is best. I am looking for the strongest beam to spot objects for a ways, with a little spill, little or alot it doesnt matter, but i need that STRONG beam. I'm stuck between the Q5 and malkoff m60, is there any others i should choose from, and which is the best for what i need. Also i cannot find a place to buy a strike bezel, such as the 6P defender includes, but without the whole body, i just want a bezel upgrade, where would i do that? One more thing, my creditcard seems to have the wrong mailing adress as my billing, even though they are the same, and i am in dire need of 123a's? Where should i go and also, what other types of 123s could i purchase without a decrease in performance and runtime???

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Welcome!

You will find that the 6P with the LED will do well in general. Your best upgrade is either the Malkoff or Bug Out Gear units.

You might also consider the Fenix T1. Or a Wolf Eyes drop in unit.

Strike bezels are an interesting thing. I find it wears through holsters and other carry gear. And - if you're going to be out in the boonies, a strike bezel isn't going to be needed too much. It's more used in urban environments.

As for 123a's, find yourself a local Surefire dealer and snag a box of SF123a's.

-Steve

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new M60's are Q5, are you talking about the Butoutgear Q5?

There are some reviews comparing the BOG Q5 and the Malkoff M60. I'm not sure if they're the newer Q5 M60's.

So, your address is wrong, does that mean you can't order anything online... so you're limited to buying 123's at a local store? People don't have much luck getting 123's locally for less than around $5 each.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Hence why getting it from a SureFire dealer will ensure it's a bit less than what you're mentioning.

Price scheduling work both ways. A box of 12 should be no more than 21 dollars at a dealer. SF dealers generally can't exceed what SF sells it for on their online catalog.

-Steve

lite brite

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound has this: http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1204
but must not be in stock because it won't let you add it to your cart. It's made by G&P...I have seen them on ebay as well...they also make a tailcap that has a strobe function for the 6P here:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2026&strVarSel=&strCompare=

I have heard good reviews on this cree 270 watt drop in at EDCforums:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-Q5-270-Lum...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Hope that helps! Steve

Robotack

Newly Enlightened
You say you're a member of NYairsoft. Are you NYC based?? If so, there's a couple of places doing SF 123's at reasonable prices. I bought some when I was on holiday there!

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
central NY, syracuse area, not nyc, auto electric rifles are banned there anyways i thought. As for the batt. i just went to my local mall a PAIR of lithium 123a's goes for $15.99!!! holly $^%! Maybe i will have another tlak with my bank to figure out this problem. Also i found this one site with surefires and a "free" maglite for...32.38 with shipping, doesnt seem to be a bad deal if ya ask me, how much do mag mini's go for anyways? As for the new drop-in i want as much beam power as possible but also runtime is a necesity when out in the field, i don't want to carry around apack of 123s with me all the time, thats why i went LED, i saw one of the Q5's with 230lumens or so for 3+ hrs???..(Sale Price: $49.95 "Super Premium" Cree Q5 Drop-in, 230 Lum, 3+ hours run time, 4.5V to 9V.) I just want to click buy one now for when they come in on the 7th anyone haw experience with these and can say they last for 3hrs, and if they do whats the lumen output over the batt. period??? As for the batt. + mini mag site, here ya go...http://www.action-lights.com/flashl...lithium-batteries.asp?bhcp=1#meinav=shop:cart
-as for the 4.5v-9.0v opperating voltage? what does this mean, it only works when that power supply is there? or works best?

Last edited:

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
wheres the cheapest site for a new cree q5 drop in? 230lumen 3+hr rating price plus shipping, i think bug out is the best but im not sure with all the cpf discounts that we have... someone wanna help me out, thanks again to everyone helping me out in these forums, i just want to make my 6pLed one DAMn bright light and end there....for now ha

ICspots

Newly Enlightened

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The 6P LED is good as is. If you do need to have a far reaching beam you can buy a KT3 (comes with lamp) and carry it in some sort of protective carrier, other wise I can't think of too many other alternative light sources. If you want a strike bezel, you could try seeing if you could by the bezel of a 6PD and just plopping it on. One word of caution, surefire Crenelated bezels tend to cut holes in pockets and holsters.

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
well, i decided and just preordered my Cree Q5
Drop-In
Module
"Super
Premium"
from bugoutgear, says it will be in stock the 7th, i will let you guys know how it goes

democopy

Newly Enlightened
Deerelight

Module List

wheres the cheapest site for a new cree q5 drop in? 230lumen 3+hr rating price plus shipping, i think bug out is the best but im not sure with all the cpf discounts that we have... someone wanna help me out, thanks again to everyone helping me out in these forums, i just want to make my 6pLed one DAMn bright light and end there....for now ha