Wiseled Tactical 1500

HIDSGT

Enlightened
Whats the deal with this light powering down so much after it turns on. Is it me or does that seem kinda useless if you plan on using it for more then a minute or so? My MF 3500 doesen't powerdown like that? Can someone explain what the purpose of this is?:shakehead

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've heard the newer ones have the problem fixed somewhat.

It probably powers down to prevent the heat form cooking the LED.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That I can't say because I don't have one but I'm guessing at least 3 minutes.

An owner would have to chime in.

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
Using my Tac 1500 outside in a runtime test, the power drop came at 17 mins 38 sec, then after a rest of 5 mins back to 1500 output for a further 12 mins 41 sec, after a cooldown of 10 mins I got 17 mins 12 seconds at 1500. So in an outside scenario it seems the cut of is around 17 mins.
Indoor test as above returned 11 mins 47, 9 mins 15, and 12 mins 07 sec respectively.
As the UK Wiseled distributor, I supply the UK emergency services with the complete Wiseled range of lights, and they dont seem to have any issues with this drop in power, because when the power drops they run at 50%, which is still a massive 750 lumens !!, and when needed they boost back to 1500 in short bursts.
I personally have used my 1500 in many different situations, rescue, security, hunting, etc etc and very rarely need the full 1500, but by the same token, when using the full 1500 I have never needed it for more than a few minutes.
The firmware on the Tac1500 has been improved somewhat and the new version was implemented the third week of December, I have received a Tactical 1500 with the new firmware and as yet have not run the above mentioned tests to see if there is any difference, as the improvements in the firmware were targetted at the strobing function of the light, but I will conduct a test later this week and post findings.
Regards
Lee

Gladius01

Enlightened
I have got LED and HID flashlights. When I used WiseLED Tactical 1000 and 1500 lumens, I rearly use any other flashlight. This light is so good and excatly want I want in flashlights, quite robust as well.