• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired What most powerful small pocket flash light

stevil86

Newly Enlightened
Hey Im looking for a flash light for work would wnt somthin that can be clipped on you pocket and puts out like 200 or more lumens would like 500 is there any customs or modded lights that would do this??? that are rechargable?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:welcome: stevil86!

If you're looking for something custom or modded, check out the mods by CPF'r "milkyspit". He's got a bunch of threads started, and he can do just about anything you can dream of to a light! He's most famous for modding SureFire lights - he can turn them into pocket rockets, which is what you're looking for.

I recommend sending Scott (milkyspit) a PM to see what he can do for you. However, you'll have to be more specific as far as your request goes. I'd look at his threads to see what he's done in the past and then go from there.

Hope it helps! :)
john

Gary123

Enlightened
Seems to me that your request is pushing the boundaries of current technology. There have been some small limited run lights available on CPF that have output around 200 lumens. But if you want it to clip onto your pocket or a hat brim, be prepared for very short runtimes. You may be able to get close to one hour on a RCR123 or a 14500 (rechargeable AA) with output close to 150 lumens. These would be small, but not really tiny, but then you're into a rechargeable setup. For small, look to a CR2 or even a AAA powered light, but these are small batteries and at 100 lumens you may only get 15-20 minutes. Look for a CR2 Ion modded with a Q5 emitter. I get maybe 75 lumens, but there is no clip, but its small and easy to hold in the mouth. Also check Orb's website, they offer a number of CR2 lighs but I believe they all require rechargeable batteries. Amilight T5 on a standard 123 is quite nice (do not use rechargeables in this light) - outputs maybe 130 lumens and is very light, but I don't think it comes with a clip. Check this CPF section for the new Endeavor, although it is a bit pricey in titanium (I think he will be offering it in aluminum). You could even look at a Fenix AAA with a Q5, but I don't know if you'd reach 100 lumens on hi, but it is very small, or look to a Lightflux AAA - don't know the output but you could research it on CPF.

take a look at https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2283078

You must assess your precise needs with what is out there. As JCH79 said, you need to provide more information for folks to steer you better.

Good luck.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, stevil86.

It is usually helpful to specify whether you want a light to give you a narrow beam concentrated into a bright 'spot', or an evenly distributed wide 'flood' of light. The use you want it for will determine which is likely to be more important.

The requirement for spot or flood, rather than the actual output of the light is in lumens, will be more useful in deciding a suitable light for you.

Gary 123 is right - you need to assess your precise needs.

Flashlight Enthusiast
A milky modded M3 head on either a Leef 18650 or 18500 body could give around 400-500 lumens OTF with 1 hour and 35 minutes or runtime respectively. You can pick your favorite SF tailcap too.