Fenix T1 Problem

wali

Newly Enlightened
Greetings All,
This is my first post here:grin2: I have a SureFire 6p Defender-great light and a Fenix P2D another great light. I have had a few other SureFire light-no problems.
I got a Fenix T1 in the mail today. It looks good, but.... The switch does not work properly. I took the light apart and re-assembled it, still no sucesss. Can anyone tell me what may be the problem. I may have to send it back otherwise.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bryan

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
A better description about how the switch isn't working properly would be helpful. What kind of batteries are you using?

wali

Newly Enlightened
Hi WadeF,
If I hold the button in it will light, otherwise no go. I have Tenergy batteries. I have some other batteries (surefire and some others but these are the freshest.
Thanks,
Bryan

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you're saying it works if you press and hold the switch, but the switch won't CLICK and stay on when released?

greenLED

Flashaholic
:welcome: wali. Wade's question is a good one. Does your switch fail to activate the light as you cycle on/off? If that's the case, I'd contact fenix-store (assuming you bought the light there) and inquire about a replacement switch.

If it's something else, then we'll have to see how it is that your light's malfunctioning.

wali

Newly Enlightened
So you're saying it works if you press and hold the switch, but the switch won't CLICK and stay on when released?
Yes Sir-that is the problem. I have to hold it in -pressed :shrug:hard to keep it lit.

wali

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: wali. Wade's question is a good one. Does your switch fail to activate the light as you cycle on/off? If that's the case, I'd contact fenix-store (assuming you bought the light there) and inquire about a replacement switch.

If it's something else, then we'll have to see how it is that your light's malfunctioning.
Thanks for replying greenLED, and WadeF! I got it from BladeArt.com
The switch fails to activate the light unless I hold it in.

greenLED

Flashaholic
:thinking:
Have you tried tightening the switch retaining ring? Take the tailcap out and look inside. There's a metal ring with 2 small holes in there. Use the ends of a needle-nose plier to tighten the ring.

Other than that, I can't think of much else you could do aside from contacting the vendor for a switch replacement/light swap. It does sound like a flaky switch.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it sounds like either a bad switch, or the switch isn't sticking out the back of the tailcap enough (under the cover) to allow you to press it far enough in to get it to click. Try what green said. You can take the retaining ring out and make sure everything is aligned properly and then tighten it all back up.

wali

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the advice guys! I am still not meeting with sucess. I am going to return this puppy tomorrow.:sick: