What's new?!

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been on here in ages....disposable income has been going towards custom knives, power tools and home renovations.
Last time I was on here I acquired a Surefire M3-T with a battery extender and some bulbs to go with it, and a Fenix P1D-CE (which had pretty much just come out). What has happened since then? Anything new and exciting and not too costly?:twothumbs

houtex

Enlightened
I'd say start with the reviews section. Then maybe the dealers/manufacturers forum. All the latest and greatest seem to be there.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, there is a whole line of Fenix Cree and Rebel products(Look at Fenix Store and Lighthound's line). A bunch of cheap yet good flashlights. Surefire released new LED lights and improved on the L1, E1L, and E2L. Many new companies came. CPF underwent a server switch. More new LES came out along with Cree's higher bins.

I think those are the main things.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2 123a cell Cree Q5 led light will produce around 200 lumens with a white tint for over a hour.

Plus you can get American made 123a cells for under $2 each.

Other than that it is the same old place. We argue if leds are better than incans or vice versa.

The Surefire M6 is still a cool light...although there are a lot of bright HID's on the market now for not a lot of money.

People are still modding Maglights etc.

Check out the reviews section and you will be right up to speed. Also, the Inova x5 will still run forever on a set of batts and the Inova X1 is still dim.

PYKE

Newly Enlightened
A 2 123a cell Cree Q5 led light will produce around 200 lumens with a white tint for over a hour.

Plus you can get American made 123a cells for under $2 each...
Very interesting.....looks like I'm going to be spending AND saving!

We argue if leds are better than incans or vice versa..
LOL, the morethings change, the more they stay the same::laughing:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, that's 200 lumen a the LED(300 lumen if you overdrive it to 1.5 amp, 0.5 amp overdrive). 100+ out the front can be had from lights under $30 if you just want to test the LEDs out.

Yup, the incan VS LED argument is still going on(I wonder what happens if we include HIDS?).

jufam44

Enlightened
And now we have things like the 175w Megaray putting out crazy lumens, Ra's MaxaBlaster, and Mac's Torch! Welcome back :)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also download the new 2008 Surefire catalog from the SF website. We haven't heard much else on what is going to be released in '08 from the big players.

We are all still waiting on the New HDS and ARC, just like last time you were here. :p