Jet 1mk2R vs nitecore

mitzlepik

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm new here and this seems you are the people to ask. I want a small AA tac light to go with my kahr k9 ccw. I did some reasearch and the two I have come down to are the jet beam 1mk2r and nitecore. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas about how they compare or know of any more AA tac light on par with these two models. Thanks

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
This depends on how you are trained to use a light with a firearm. If you are using the classic Harries technique (off-hand crossover), then either would probably work as your thumb is always on the switch (thus reverse or forward clickie doesn't matter as much). If you are using the Chapman, Rogers, Surefire (offhand side support) technique the forward clickie is preferable, but a reverse is still usable. If using the Thorpe technique (offhand pressure on strong hand) then the Nitecore is really the only choice as the forward clickie is needed for this method.

My personal preference is the Harries technique which I use with a Novatac 120T, but you should go with what feels most comfortable. Bottom line is that the Nitecore will work with all techniques while the Jetbeam will not. The Jetbeam is a great flashlight (I've got one with Eneloops in it), but not perfect for use with a firearm. I'll likely order a Nitecore myself shortly as forward clickie AA lights are like hen's teeth.

Latest posts