Any Battlestar Galactica fans out there?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Any fans of the TV sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica? If so, you're in for a treat in December. Click Here

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what it says.
I suppose the original male/male dynamic isn't PC enough for today's audience.

Skyline

Enlightened
Cool! I taped all the original BG episodes last month when SciFi ran them all in a single week.

Should be interesting.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't even know they ran them, how did that happen without my knowing about it? Guess I just don't watch as much TV as I used to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I suppose I'll have to watch these, just like I had to watch the last set of new ones 23 years ago. Course I was only 10 years old at the time so my tastes were less developed. This one will have to be better I hope!

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
At least Starbuck did something with his career, I think he owns a coffee shop in town here...

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Dan

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Yep. I didn't know about this new mini-series until I saw the promo on Children Of Dune last night on the Sci-Fi channel. They're hoping to spin off a new Battlestar Galactica series, but we'll see. I really liked the original TV series (except for the horrible Galactica 1980 thing), so I hope the new Galactica series does well.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was a MUCH younger version of my self when the series ran.

I liked it!

Whenever I see it now I think the special effects are just a triffle hokey.

I hope this new series is cool, and takes off!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can do that voice perfectly, but it hurts my throat after a while... I wonder if they will continue the tradition of only shooting one spaceship sequence and re-using it a dozen times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Raven said:
A female Starbuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't dig the idea of a female playing Starbuck. In the original series, Dirk Benedict gave that role alot of personality and a unique vibe that pretty much defined the Starbuck character. I was hoping to see at least some of the original cast in this remake with perhaps some new actors as well, but they should have left Starbuck a male.

I understand that Richard Hatch (the actor who played Apollo in the original series) has been largely responsible for the Galactica revival, but this "re-imagination" of Battlestar Galactica to air in December seems to stray a bit from the original series.

bmsmith

Enlightened
I still love that A-Team episode where they are on a studio lot and a Cylon walks by Dirk's character "Face" and he does a doubletake! lol!!

As for this "revival", I don't think I like the idea of a female Starbuck. It isn't a revival, it's someone else's idea of Galactica. Oh well, maybe I'll check it out anyway.

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bmsmith said:
I still love that A-Team episode where they are on a studio lot and a Cylon walks by Dirk's character "Face" and he does a doubletake! lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a great scene! Until you mentioned it I completely forgot it. I liked the old show - only thing since then that compared (on TV that is) was Space: Above and Beyond.

I think I still have a crush on Ann Lockhart (Sheba). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
I wonder if they will continue the tradition of only shooting one spaceship sequence and re-using it a dozen times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone else noticed that same sequence in a lot of the Radio Shack commercials?