am i the only one who losses his lights

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i lose em all the frigin time it makes me so mad now im missing my fenix aaa.i alwys put em soewhere and forget where .

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Currently I have a Pelican M-10 and a Red 3D Mag MIA.

My fenix AAA is hanging from my neck chain. My best of three SAIK RC-A3 is in the Task Force flapped holster on my belt in front of my cellphone. My River Rock 1AA is in my shirt pocket to my left of the button.

And my Fenix P1 is in my watch pocket.

So everything is fairly correct in my world.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i should find a way to keep mine togther like that

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix P2D special edition was missing for over a month but found it yesterday. Then I decided my HDS was missing but had simply forgot where I hid it. :thinking: We did just move so things were chaotic but I've found having a 'Whereisit' list on my computer is really helpful if I take the time to list things. Now if I can just remember where I put the list :crackup:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I havent lost any light yet, probably because i often dont dare to bring more than one or two when im going out and might need them... :)

I keep the ones i dont use locked in my minisafe, and only have a few outside which I use. The reason I keep them in a safe is because I cant afford to loose them, and since i dont use them i dont se why i shouldnt keep them locked in. :)

83Venture

Enlightened
I lost my Peak Matterhorn/Micra a year ago. Found them when I put the Christmas lights up, they were in the pocket of the old beatup coat I wear when I have to lay on the ground or do other messy chores.

Good thing from it is that I bought a LF2 to replace the Matterhorn, now I have both. :laughing:

Gitlaa

Newly Enlightened
I lost my Surefire E2D:shakehead, It was the light that started my whole flashlight addiction:mad::mad:. Oh well I lost it a couple of month ago already so the pain is sort of gone.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost a custom knife ages ago due to my poor method of securing it...that was a well learned lesson. Now I do my best to simplify and keep track when/where I use it. So far. :)

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't lost any lights yet but I notices I tend to put things where I think is safe and I know for sure where to look for it, sort of a secret place...And then I told myself, its so obvious it's a great place to put things and you can easily think of where it is because it's soooo special and obvious....then forgot where the secret place was until I do a major clean up..then I see the secret place and say "damn, that's where it was..it's so obvious!!!" sigh..getting old does that to you.

-E

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I lost my favorite one last month. It was home made and clipped to my belt with a cell phone swivel clip. I carried it for 2 years. It was teh first that came out just like I wanted it to.

Now I have to make a new one.

Daniel

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently found my Civictor after it being MIA for about 5 months. The recliner had it claimed all this time. (Check here thoroughly if you have a light missing, guys)

I just received a Maxpedition M-2 that I'm going to use for cellphone and some EDC items. It's going to be living in there from now on so I don't have to worry about switching it between pants pockets or misplacing it again.

The rest of the few lights I have are in a designated cabinet space now.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll chime in with a story of my own. I have a Surefire G2 (at the time stock,since converted to LED) that I use. I had lost it for about a month..looking all over the house..couldn't find it.Finally,my dad discovered it around Christmas.(This was back in 2006,iirc). You wouldn't believe how tearfully happy I was to get my G2 back.(I'd thought I would never get it back,ever..)

Dantor

Enlightened
I've never lost a light, I read these threads and try and learn from "your" mistakes!
but I honestly do feel your pain, and I hope you all find them. May you see the light again :)
(making whereisit list right now!)

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My A2 has been "lost" more times than I can remember. Always managed to find it again, though :eek:

Went out for a walk in the woods one afternoon, with the A2 riding happily in my pocket as usual. Got back home and it was about midnight before I realised it wasn't there. So I went out at around 1am for another walk in the woods in search of it :D

I've also had it fall out of my pocket when I got in the car, and driven off without it. Get home. Realise it's not there. Go back to the car park. Pick it up. Go home again :eek:

Plenty of other similar cases. Never misplace any of my other lights in this way...just seems like someone really doesn't want me to keep my A2...

Regards,
Tempest

raggie33

*the raggedier*
haha after countless hours of looking for it .i found it in my cricket holder.i never even used the holder before have no idea in hect why id put it in there.stranger yet not sure why i lokked in there guess i looked every where else

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Recliner search is a good idea! Except that I am missing a 4C Pelican M10 and a 3D Maglight and I think they are just a wee bit too big for that area!

M10 MAY have gotten away when Dad sold his F150. I don't think so, but it's difficult to say.

The 3D is around here somewhere!

slo-ryd

Newly Enlightened
I can honestly say that all of mine are accounted for... right down to every $1 keychain light.

I used to lose sunglasses all the time back when I worked outside for a living. That ended when I bought a $ pair of Oakleys five years ago. Still wearing them :thumbsup:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Pelican M10 FOUND! In sister's bathroom on the counter behind GOBS of "girl" stuff.

Red 3D Mag still MIA, and a simple on-off microlight is SOMEWHERE on these 3.5 acres but the question is where?