Mag-Lite Question?

Scrubbuck

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently running a 2 cell Mag-Lite on 2 AW Li-ion batteries (18500 1500mAh) with a 5 cell magnum star xenon bulb and it works great. I'm looking to do the same with a 3 cell but have no idea as to what kind/type of bulb to use. I've done some searching on this site but don't know exactly what I need, kinda confusing for a newb. Any help,suggestions or instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

RoyJ

Enlightened
Considering a Mag xenon bulb draws around 0.9 amp at the overdriven state, a whild guess would be 1.5 hours.

I'm more worried about instaflashing the bulb (6.2V I believe) if the cells are hot (8.6V). Also, bulb life would be pretty short.

I used to run a 6-cell whitestar (krypton) with 8 ni-mhs, which I'll guess if about 9.6V v-bulb factoring in the resistences. The bulb lasts about 4 hours average.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, you could have a 3C Maglite, 3 C sized Li-ion batteries, a Bi-pin socket and a few Welch Allyn 1185 Bulbs(Or others that can handle about 12v). That would give you a Mag 85, a 800-1000 lumen out the front light.

What are you looking for in your next light?(You might find a stock light that might be better)

:welcome:

Scrubbuck

Newly Enlightened
Roy, yes its a C cell and it gets around an hour and a half runtime.

Gunner, just thought it would be cool to mod my existing 3C mag-lite. I'm not looking for anything to powerful (yet).