Nitrolon clicky end cap for G2?

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
Do they make a replacement clicky end cap for the G2 in nitrolon that is color matched to the body/head?

Thanks

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just email them and complain its broken, then usually keep their customers happy. I got a new tail for my G2 a while ago when it was my EDC.

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
Just email them and complain its broken, then usually keep their customers happy. I got a new tail for my G2 a while ago when it was my EDC.
A clicky replacement that was in nitrolon and color matched to the body?

awberke

Newly Enlightened
i made my own out of the existing tailcap. I had a broken MTE Seoul that was laying around and i took the switch mechanism out of it that looks like this but with a pcb for the battery on the bottom.
sku_5604_1.jpg

i just had to pull out all the switch components from the G2 cap and dremel out the lock out tail cap ring inside. Then i threw in a GITD tailcap and put the new switch mechanism in and it worked beautifully, no gap at all, looked exactly like the original light just with a reverse clicky.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I sacrificed my original momentary/twist on tailcap on my SF 9P to make it a click on. I bought a Leef clicky, but didnt want the scalloped end. The shift was some what tricky, but got it to work at last. I think a G2 tailcap could be done the same way, but buy just the leef clicky.

awberke

Newly Enlightened
How did they send you a clicky nitrolon tailcap if they don't even sell them?

dmz

Enlightened
Will adding a nitrolon clickie really cost SF a ton of R&D money?

Are SF clickies really unreliable and prone to fail?

Will the price of a G2 increase significantly with a nitrolon clickie?

Do non - LEO users really prefer a twist tailcap over a nitrolon clickie?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did they send you a clicky nitrolon tailcap if they don't even sell them?

I sent them an email complaining that my tail cap has no lock out, and they asked me for my details, and they would send one... and they did. they did not sell it me, they sent it to me.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, my G2 is just like anyone elses, it doe snot have a clicky, its a momentary/twist + lock out. I have never seen a G2 with a clicky.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The nearest thing to a Surefire G2 with a clickie, is a Brinkmann Maxfire LX.

awberke

Newly Enlightened
Yes, my G2 is just like anyone elses, it doe snot have a clicky, its a momentary/twist + lock out. I have never seen a G2 with a clicky.

apparently you didn't see the part of anyone's posts to you that had the word "clicky" in them

Alero

Enlightened
See my post about using a maglite switch in a G2. Works great!

I also just got a HAIII McClicky from Lighthound on sale for $19 that works great too if you don't mind the color differance.

awberke

Newly Enlightened
the only problem is that to use a mini mag nite ize switch you have to dremel out the LOTC, which isn't a big deal.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
apparently you didn't see the part of anyone's posts to you that had the word "clicky" in them

aparently you did not see the basic info where i said i complained about my tail cap, and they sent me a new one free. Does it matter if its a clicky or a momentary? its the mechanism to turn it on, and they sent me one out for free, because its their philosify to make their customers happy.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could not agree more! This is why my next flashlight wants to have a switch like this, its almost bomb proof. A clicky can be damaged and need replacing, but a momentary... whens that gonna need changing?