LED drop in for 6Z?

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
I've got a couple of SF 6Z's, are there any LED drop in's for this model?

Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 6Z is the classic version of the Z2.
Both use the same P60 Lamp Assembly and so both can use the P60L LED lamp assembly.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Agreed. I'd also stay away from non-Surefire drop ins with this particular unit - the classic round bodies sometimes have issues with non-OEM drop ins.

Your P60L LED Lamp assembly is the best bet.

-Steve

The 6Z is the classic version of the Z2.
Both use the same P60 Lamp Assembly and so both can use the P60L LED lamp assembly.

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. Is there a forum sponsor I can buy these from?

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
deep60sama...

How do you find the throw from the Malkoff Surefire drop in? Shines much farther than a stock Surefire G2 bulb? or farther than a Surefire G2 cree Q5 drop in?

Babo

Newly Enlightened
I have Malkoff drop-ins in both my 6Z and 6Z2.

Previously, one had a p60 lamp and the other had a p61 lamp
Now, one has the older 180 lumen Malkoff drop-in and the other has the newer 230(?) lumen drop-in.

The Malkoff drop-in is absolutely better if you're looking for
a more powerful, longer running light.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
The BOG USA Super Premium Drop-In will NOT fit in the Surefire 6Z.

The bezel diameter is too big this older product.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BOG USA Super Premium Drop-In will NOT fit in the Surefire 6Z. The bezel diameter is too big this older product.

OdBm,
I am currently holding my 6Z and I have a BOG USA Super Premium Q5 drop-in in it right now. It works perfect.
I have replaced the bezel and tail cap on it to the latest type. I also just put back on the original old style bezel and that works perfect too.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a buddy with a 6Z for whom I was going to pick up a Malkoff or BOG drop-in (whichever gets back in stock sooner). I figured since the 6Z took a P60, and both these drop-ins basically replace a P60, it would work fine. I think I'm reading that that is indeed the case, though surprised some believe it won't work ...

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it's time to break out the calibrated caliper.:shakehead

Based on what I'm reading in this thread, there is some variation in dimension between units.

I have a M2 and 6Z side by side on my desk. I place the Surefire incandescent P60 module in the 6Z and it fits. Same for the M2.

I place the BOG Super Premium module in the M2 and it fits. NOT so for the 6Z as the diameter is too large.

I will post photos and measurements tomorrow.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
Re: LED drop in for 6Z? BOG Super Premium FITS!

I almost began to take measurements with the caliper, but decided to REMOVE the BOGUSA - Cree 3W LED label first.

Behold, the module it fits in the 6Z!

I didn't realize how much of a difference it made.

There is another problem in my 6Z-the switch. It functions if I fully rotate it until it reaches the FULL CW position, tt does not work in momentary mode.

Time to get another switch.