Need more orb

awberke

Newly Enlightened
I think that the Orb line of lights all look incredible and i'm amazed at the size and capability of these lights, but unfortunately i'm unable to afford $100 for a keychain light.

Why aren't there more companies willing to make small lights like the orb wee. I think the wee would be the absolute perfect like for me if were available in an HAIII finish for about $50. It would be a great alternative to the AAA keychain lights. :paypal:

dulridge

Enlightened
I think that the Orb line of lights all look incredible and i'm amazed at the size and capability of these lights, but unfortunately i'm unable to afford $100 for a keychain light.

Why aren't there more companies willing to make small lights like the orb wee. I think the wee would be the absolute perfect like for me if were available in an HAIII finish for about $50. It would be a great alternative to the AAA keychain lights. :paypal:

Probably because of what they cost to make. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but at one point I'm sure the machining was done in Switzerland. Swiss labour costs are a very long way from low.

Neither of my orb raws are on a keychain - so no need for HA3. Doubtless some Chinese maker could run them out at $25 but they wouldn't be the same. I would need some convincing that the Wee is a viable keyring light anyway given the minute cell that powers it. Others may well differ on this though - I have no problems with the 12 minutes on high that my Luxeon 3 Raw runs - the Cree one runs quite a bit longer on high and is considerably brighter.

Rob will upgrade them for a reasonable price, but I bought another one instead.

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
I EDC an NS Raw and it stands up very well to being dropped ,kept on a key chain and generally abused in everyday life .

Think of it like a new pair of sneakers , they aren't really yours when they are still "box fresh" and perfect......... it needs a few marks and dinks before it really becomes yours and you become the owner/keeper :D.

As a side note, mine has been on a key chain and used every day for 6 months and its still looks near perfect.