3 old surefires

mjmcdowell

Newly Enlightened
Hello all! Great forum!! I have 3 surefires in my inventory all are 10 or better years old and well used. 6z, 3p and a silver colored Executive model. The 3p was carried EDC for a few years on my belt next to a M60 S&W or in my pocket. The Ex. replaced the 3p always in my pocket, can't remember how long tho it is EDC now along with my M21 Beretta and an Spyderco ( of which I have many, today it was a Dodo plain edge. The 6p is the oldest and I don't have it with me very much usually rests in the nightstand to be used, just in case. any way those are my babies. Stay safe, mjmcdowell

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never heard of a 3p and 6z. I am curious to see how it looks like. You have any photo to post here?

Thanks

rtt

Enlightened
:welcome:Looks like you have a running start at being a flashaholic!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6Z is basically the old Z2.
Its tailcap wasn't weather sealed, the lens might be lexan and the markings are different but otherwise it is exactly the same light.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I believe that the 3P also used a Lexan Lens. Other than that it is the same build of the 6P, just half the size in length and only runs on 1 SF 123A battery. It might have been replaced or discountinued because the E1 took over.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6Z is basically the old Z2.
Its tailcap wasn't weather sealed, the lens might be lexan and the markings are different but otherwise it is exactly the same light.

The bezel was round with a Lexan window. The tailcap originally wasn't waterproof, although late versions might have been. The big difference was that the recessed part of the tube was smooth/round, unlike the Z2. It is still an EDC for me; I prefer the round tube. Mine has been rebuilt several times over the years and now has the waterproof tailcap and a hex/pyrex bezel.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
sold my 3P last year, so I have pics:

av2l8m4v7drs63lo4.jpg

together with some other lights:

av2l97kvm4ouxxchg.jpg

but to be honest: I can not understand that cheers.
The 3P never was any good, the 6P (6R, or 8X, even the 9N) were cutting edge, say, some 5-15 years ago, when there was nothing else.
Now my best light is the 6P that is modded with a Cree, Flupic and an 18650 Li-Ion. Easily beats even the 9N - which is the only remaining incan I kept.
Not even the 1 hour 30 mins runtime of my homemade batt sticks for the 9N gives it the edge
(and with its P4 Cree, the 6P is more-or-less identical to an actual Fenix in output)