Stinger HP lens

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
I have a Stinger with an HP head that was modded by FiveMega. Over the holidays my "friend" "borrowed" the light and proceeded to ruin the lens by running the light until the batteries gave up. Now I have big ugly artifact right in the middle of my beam. Streamlight informs me that it takes a special tool to replace the lens and it can only be done by them.
Does anyone know of a modder who can do this? Is it possible to replace the plastic lens with a glass lens?

Thanks ..........Wallace

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is that there is no practical glass lens solution for the HP head.

oklalawman

Enlightened
I busted a lens last year, The local police supply replace it for $3.00. You might check back early last year there were several threads about upgrading the stinger hp lens.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my procedure for installing a glass window in an HP or US head. It worked fine for me, but others have had mixed results.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/99745&highlight=ultra+stinger

You can't replace your plastic window without a special tool. (About $70) It bends the plastic window and allows it to flex into place.

Streamlight or an authorized repair center can replace the plastic window.

You can buy a complete new head for about $20.

If you buy a new head, then you can try the glass installation procedure on your old one.

Mark

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash,
that is very informative. I'd like to get another head and try your UCL fix.

Thank you.

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
Flash,
Many thanks for the reply. I'll start the process as soon as I get the new lens.

Thanks again.......Wallace