Found some really nice thread grease...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alero

Enlightened
SHeesh i wish I could edit the tittle. I meant NICE thread lube. I'd never use lice to lubricate anything. Much too itchy!

Anyway....I was at a music convention recently and got a free tube of cork grease for clarinets. Tried it on a few lights and it works GREAT! Also, I think it's probably safe for just about any material since those instruments are made from lots of different stuff and cost hundreds and often thousands of dollars.
Haven't tried it in cold weather yet, but if you've got a kid in band with a woodwind instrument, or if you're near a music store with a buck to spend, cork grease is some really decent flashlight lube!

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
Re: Found some really lice thread grease...

You can edit the title in "Advanced Mode".

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting... I wonder how accessible it is to get, though.

Has anyone tried lithium grease? I put a little on my Maglite just to check and it seemed to work really well.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Interesting... I wonder how accessible it is to get, though.

Has anyone tried lithium grease? I put a little on my Maglite just to check and it seemed to work really well.

On Mag Instruments' website (FAQ section), they recommend "petroleum jelly or liquid silicone on the threads".

G

Dantor

Enlightened
I strongly recommend "NOT" using petroleum jelly on or near O-rings! Tons of threads about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.