• Cree Q5
  • 55mm aspheric
  • kaidomain kennan driver
  • wtb bike handlebar grip :)
  • 2 x CR123A

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Outstanding effort!!

Did you make it for a specific reason or for a specific activity that requires something like that. I think it would be perfect to look for animals around the house at night or looking around the place and zero in on something. I like the handle. Did you machine the head for the light?

I see the setscrew on the back.....so you just assembled the light starting with the lense, then add the led, ect?

Bob E.

cytoe

Newly Enlightened
Just made it for fun. Here's the last one I made: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/184326

I made the body from 2" aluminum tube, and the base from 2 1/4 solid stock. The body has been lathed so the lens drops in w/ silicone holding it there. The led is thermo glued to the base. One of the arms is hollowed to allow the power leads to run to the handle. The kennan (modified to 900ma) circuit is actually in the body, so the handle only has the batteries and switch. The handle is actually a pvc pipe because I didn't have any aluminum stock/tube small enough to fit the bike handle grip... So I just made top/bottom caps. So much easier to just run a cable to a battery pack rather than use batteries. uhg.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Superb! You are a very innovative designer. Excellent idea to use a bike handle as a battery compartment and handgrip, too.

Latest posts