MALKOFF P60/18650 BATTERY-WHAT HOST?

gigbyt

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I've been reading thru the posts trying to figure out what host to use for
the Malkoff p60 drop in and either 1 or 2 18650 batteries that i've already
purchased to use in a Dereelight dbs. Do any of the surefire torchs accept
the 18650 battery? Since i already have the 18650's i would not like to
buy rcr123's or other lithium formats but am confused as to what works with what:duh2:. I am used to just using AA/D/C cells and the 18650 is my first experience with lithium cells.(bought the 18650's because i wanted a
DEREE dbs). So what should i be looking to purchase to further utilize
the 18650's with the Malkoff p60 drop in?
thanx, GIG.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Just saw this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2672

Takes 18650s, looks like it should take p60 drop ins, no way to know for sure until someone tries it though.

Cheap as chips!

Another option is to hang out for a 18650 leef body, which may or may not be available again soon from lighthound.

The leef option would be the better quality, HAIII finish, allows SF tail caps.

gigbyt

Newly Enlightened
a leef body and some SF head would do the job

so how do i go about this? i am quite a noob when it comes to
building parts from different manufacturers. could i get a surefire 6p defender and a leef body and use the malkoff drop-in? if i can where can i find the leef bodies?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
so how do i go about this? i am quite a noob when it comes to
building parts from different manufacturers. could i get a surefire 6p defender and a leef body and use the malkoff drop-in? if i can where can i find the leef bodies?

Yep that would work.
The only problem is currently the only place to get Leef bodies, Lighthound, has been out of stock for a couple months. Leef says that there will be a new shipment but it hasn't shown up yet.
I don't think that a single 18650 will last too long in regulation though. You're probably going to need 2x 18650s. It would be great if I'm wrong, but looking at teh voltage specs on the M60 (I have one too) I' m sure it is a buck circuit. Maybe we could persuade Gene to make one optimized for 17670/18650s in the future. :xyxgun: :nana:

Latest posts