Anyone tried this SF 6P clone?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think it uses a P60 type LED module so the other P60 drop-ins should work.

Last edited:

bspofford

Enlightened
I have two different versions that seem to come from different sources. The first "Ultrafire" is from DX, and the second "Trustfire" is from Supertactical. The type II finish and general construction are OK, but nothing like my Huntlight HAIII finish host that I recently picked up from Lighthound for less than $25. The Trustfire has a better clip, but the Ultrafire has better o-rings. Both use P60 modules fine, and protected 18650 cells fit. I have a number of modules but only tried 1-mode CREE P4 and Q2 modules. Swapping the silicone clicky cover for a GITD was easy.

bspofford

Enlightened
Both models are reverse clicky. BTW, I tried a Dereelight 3-mode Q5 in my new Huntlight FT01XSE host with a reverse clicky, and mode switching is fine.

roymail

Enlightened
bspofford, thanks for posting... that's good info to have. Maybe some others will chime in, too. I know it's a cheap imitation but I just wondered if it's worth trying. :thinking:

harryballs

Newly Enlightened
I bought this light a few months ago and I like it. It rattles a bit with CR123A's because it is designed to fit 18650 battery that fit better and perform just as well.

I swapped the reflector and led to my SF G2 and it fit perfect with no gaps. The led is bright, but lack heat sinking. Think this is why the light turned off, but it resumes when it had some time to cool off. I never bothered to check the run time before it turned off. I should check the run time and see how long before it overheats and shuts off.