fenix flashlights

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
hi there can some people tell me what they think og the brand fenix ? i own a few surefire lights and wanted to know how fenix campares with surefire i am thinking about getting a fenix p2d ce q5

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surefire and Fenix are different brands. Comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges.

Now I'm going to stand back while this thread gets invaded by Surefire and Fenix fanboys, and then horribly degrades into yet another Surefire vs. Fenix thread.

Bright & inexpensive = Fenix.

Reliable as Hell = Surefire.

Simplistic, but true.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I've heard, Surefires will feel of higher quality and be gripper. Fenix lights will be smaller and have good performance(Both electronics and output wise). Price would usually be cheaper for the Fenix.

Long term durability, most would say Surefire but Fenix hasn't been here long enough to truely speak of long long-term durability. Most problems I've read about can be easily fixed by the owner(Usually just a cleaning is needed).

Durable(and upgradeable if you have a P60 compatible Surefire): Surefire
Output and Price: Fenix

I just hope others don't start a Fenix VS. Surefire debate. Two different companies selling to different markets(Fenix is just entering the tactical market).

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there can some people tell me what they think og the brand fenix ? i own a few surefire lights and wanted to know how fenix campares with surefire i am thinking about getting a fenix p2d ce q5

Fenix P2D is a very good light. If you buy it, I think you´ll like it a lot! I do have some Fenix lights and some Surefire lights. Forget about comparison: just buy the P2D. It´s small, very bright, good construction... As I said, I think you will love it!

Greetings from Brasil

Illum

Flashaholic
NO COMMENT!!!!!!!
every time fenix and surefire gets pulled into the same basket its like a tomato fight in Spain all over again:ohgeez:

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
ok so what one should i buy the one with the smooth or textured reflector

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
I have not owned either of these products (or any other as well) long enough to appreciate their merits to become a fan of either.

I will say that the build quality of Surefire lights is excellent. Fenix is not far behind.

I would definitely carry a Surefire light if I had to carry a firearm for a living. I don't do so, therefore I cannot likely appreciate them to the full extent. For their reliability during mundane usage, in the minimal time that I have used them, I can recommend them without hesitation. I own a M2, L6, and an old 6Z.

I own only one Fenix light: the L2D CE. I use it at work for general applications. I recommend it without hesitation as well. I like the multi-level output.

I use all four of these products the same way, however, I tend to use the L2D and 6Z at work more often since they do not attract the attention of the other Surefires. The L6 and M2 attract looks from colleagues due to their aggressive and military-like lines and color.

I do not EDC any of these four lights.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
A textured reflector will give you "normally" a smother beam.the smooth will give you more throw so its kinda whatever you are looking for.

Illum

Flashaholic
A textured reflector will give you "normally" a smother beam.the smooth will give you more throw so its kinda whatever you are looking for.

an example of this would be lighthound's beamshot setup here
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=23
the textured reflectors smooth out the beam and eliminates the rings and artifacts [if any] at the cost of throw, I'd recommend textured for that even look even if the emitter is not perfectly in the center.

its fine for me either way, you wont sense much different away from testing your lights on white walls

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
There both good,
Fenix is better value for your money and most models run from easy to get AA and AAA batteries

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
just buy both lights. Fenix is pretty damn reliable, although it hasnt been around as long as surefire to proove it. Surefire is kinda like THE flashlight brand, expensive, but performs without question. There are many differences here and there, with the most important one being that surefire rates OUT THE FRONT lumens, while fenix rates Bulb/Emitter Lumens. Other then that, go research them out yourself to prevent all out war here. :)

and the typical cpf answer, buy both..:D

Crenshaw

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
an example of this would be lighthound's beamshot setup here
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=23
the textured reflectors smooth out the beam and eliminates the rings and artifacts [if any] at the cost of throw, I'd recommend textured for that even look even if the emitter is not perfectly in the center.

its fine for me either way, you wont sense much different away from testing your lights on white walls

:thinking: it looks like theres more spill with smo , i thought it should be other way around

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are looking into a single cell light then Fenix is way head of anything Surefire currently has on the market (besides the $500 Titan!!!). Fenix will lack the knurling that Surefire is famous for, and will be a much smoother light. It will also not be as hefty of a light as most Surefires, since it is made to be a more lightweight option.
I think you'll be very impressed with the P2DQ5. The output is very impressive!

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a Surefire G2 with both P61 and P60 bulbs, i also own a fenix P1D CE, P2D CE, P3D CE, P3D Q5, E0. I can assure you that the Fenix range is very nice, and i prefer them to surefire only because fenix have the better LED technology that surefire, with great runtimes and price. My G2 incan is only good for color rendition, but i dont feel sorry about that since its relegated to the draw where it stays sulking.

Taboot

Enlightened

I response to your question, I can tell you I am very satisfied with my Fenix light(P3DQ5). It compares in quality and enjoyability to my SureFire light(G3wEO-9). I find Fenix and SF to be complimentary myself. Fenix gives me affordable brightass LED lights and SF gives me ultimate quality lights that satisfy. For instance, my G3 w EO-9 was about $80 complete for 380 claimed lumens in a SF incan. The Fenix P3D was $60 ish for 200 claimed lumens with more battery life. A wash to me. Both are awesome.

Hey, for what its worth. Fenix are good lights.

Regards,

Taboot

wishywashy7

Enlightened
just buy both lights. Fenix is pretty damn reliable, although it hasnt been around as long as surefire to proove it. Surefire is kinda like THE flashlight brand, expensive, but performs without question. Other then that, go research them out yourself to prevent all out war here. :)

and the typical cpf answer, buy both..:D

Crenshaw

May I kindly recommend one of each for starters: Fenix P3D Q5 and the surefire 6P LED. Both are good general purpose lights from each brand.