Favorite bright UV light?

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I have a brass peak with spare battery holder built in. Also a Aleph 123 model that rocks. Definately need glasses with both as the UV is very hot.

Ken

Norm

Retired Administrator
In a trade I acquired an aleph a19 head with a Uv cree in it...that thing is absurdly bright.
I would think a UV light shouldn't be bright depending on the wavelength UV should have very little visible component, my best UV light 365nm is very dull until you shine it on something that [SIZE=-1]floureces.[/SIZE]

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think a UV light shouldn't be bright depending on the wavelength UV should have very little visible component, my best UV light 365nm is very dull until you shine it on something that [SIZE=-1]floureces.[/SIZE]

Doh! That's what I mean, it makes things fluorece extremely bright, the light itself emits a deep purple from the emitter, and a hard to look at emitter.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have a brass peak with spare battery holder built in. Also a Aleph 123 model that rocks. Definately need glasses with both as the UV is very hot.

Ken

I have an Inova and WiseLED UV tail lamp now and was looking for something brighter. The Peak and Aleph might be something for me to look into. I have a Vital Gear FB2 Body already and the Aleph head might be a good match for it.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I have an Inova and WiseLED UV tail lamp now and was looking for something brighter. The Peak and Aleph might be something for me to look into. I have a Vital Gear FB2 Body already and the Aleph head might be a good match for it.

The Aleph beam is focused enough to project close to 20 feet in ambient light. It's really quite powerful. I use it on fineart that is wall hanging and for mineral searching. Brightest UV I've ever seen.

Ken

LEDite

Enlightened
This is mine.... Three 3 Watt Crees...
mx1.jpg

Larry

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good UV light as well, in the 365 nM range. It seems most of the cheap stuff out there is 395-410 nM. I don't know much about UV, but I've heard the cheaper UV lights will fluoresce many things, but the lower nM versions light up animal urine better. That's what I need, because one of my dogs likes to treat the carpet as her bathroom. :hairpull: I want to get a UV light so I can find those accident spots quickly. Any suggestions?

Oznog

Enlightened

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good UV light as well, in the 365 nM range. It seems most of the cheap stuff out there is 395-410 nM. I don't know much about UV, but I've heard the cheaper UV lights will fluoresce many things, but the lower nM versions light up animal urine better. That's what I need, because one of my dogs likes to treat the carpet as her bathroom. :hairpull: I want to get a UV light so I can find those accident spots quickly. Any suggestions?

I use the Streamlight TwinTask for this purpose (375 & 390 nM wavelengths, either 375 alone or together). I have found lots of bad-dog spots in my house with this light :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull: Also has a white xenon beam.

See here. You want the black-bodied one, not the titanium-bodied one. And yes, the 375 seems to work better for finding those spots. Never used a 365 so I can't say about that.