OUTSTANDING Airshow & asst pics/gallery...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Had some family & friends attend the 07 San Francisco Fleetweek Air Show & they got hold of a site by a fellow who takes OUTSTANDING pics!!

Additionally if you check out some of his other galleries, you'll find more AWESOME (I don't use this word regularly!) pics of older & newer aircraft. LOTS of pics, FANTASTIC shots!!

Galleries:
07 San Francisco Fleetweek Air Show
07 Nellis AFB "Aviation Nation" Air Show
Bird Gallery
WWII Bombers at Moffett Field
Littlefield Tank Collection
Wintering in Maui

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that link. Just spent over an hour looking at his work - both the planes and the birds. He gets great shots!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. I was surfing CPF with AE's program about Brazillian aviator and inventor Santos and found this. I can't think of any man-made objects that I enjoy seeing more than airplanes.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I can't think of any man-made objects that I enjoy seeing more than airplanes.

Of course you mean other than flashlights, right? :laughing:

I really enjoy them too. Two sites I've found recently that I enjoy are FlightLevel350.com [videos] and FlightAware.com [real time tracking!]

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Real time flight tracking is great! Everytime a member of my family travels (or anyone else for that matter if I have to pick them up at the airport)...and I'm tracking their flights. Sure beats waiting & wondering when they're going to land!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course you mean other than flashlights, right?

Well, sure, that's true. Some of them around here look like they belong in an industrial arts museum.

I really enjoy them too. Two sites I've found recently that I enjoy are FlightLevel350.com [videos] and FlightAware.com [real time tracking!]

FlightAware is so cool. How many times I've seen jets a way up in the sky producing vapor trails and wondered, "Are they going to Dallas or San Francisco? Hmmm, maybe Hawaii?" I can't tell you. The red-eye from Los Angeles to Atlanta passes right over Little Rock a little while ago and American Eagle 746 just blazed out of here for Big D.

I have a new hobby! And another reason to get a smart phone. Thanks, LED_Thrift.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Cool! The Littlefield tank collection includes AN/VSS-1 and -3 searchlights with their proper PSU's. :D

Larry

Chuck289

Enlightened
My Jaw just hit the the floor!! WOW those are some amazing pictures!! It's been a while since Ive been to an airshow. Ive loved the Blue Angels since I was a little kid. I never got around to going to Fleetweek in SF. I need to go!

Illum

Flashaholic
Man, when I visited air shows years ago, there weren't any digital cameras. All I had was a 35mm with auto focus telephoto...every time a bird comes close if you amplify the camera shutters noise over the turbojets its almost like gunfire:huh:
[holding down the shoot button and "fire away" each exposure at at least 1/500 to 1/1000 second each, usually for about 2-3 sweep shots. For the single engine prop ones panning is usually all thats necessary for a good photo]
we went as a two man crew with two cameras, one to load one to shoot. standard color comes in "24 round cylinders" while slides come in 35. later we get the photos processed and pick the one we want. 90% of the frames were wasted, but we didn't have a choice at the time.:(

I've never seen the blue angels perform in real life. I have, however seen the F-16 Thunderbird perform a couple times
their amazing too...but I don't think they're still performing anymore :(

these shots were OUTSTANDING indeed! too bad theres no higher res or I'd use one of these as a wallpaper:thumbsup:
whats more impressive is the little details like the visual distortion, simply incredible what technology today can do:huh:

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Don't need to say it, but indeed the journey that technology has taken us on is incredible!! ...and it's NOT over, eh?! I guess we could all throw in some positive & negative comments/thoughts on progress, but...