Thinking of giving up all my Arc lights.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Hi people,

I had no post or visited CPF forum for a long long time. I used to enjoy this flashlight hobby and have a few Arc lights, several versions of AAAs, AA, and Arc4. All of them are NIB and unused.

Are people still collecting these lights?

I saw a friend with a Chinese AAA sized Fenix that had several modes and brightness level, it kinda make the Arc4 outdated tech. So I guess they are 'vintage' now.

Frankly, I am asking because I am thinking of selling them all, coz they aren't doing any good sitting in the drawer, but I wonder if people still wants them.

:thinking: :shrug: ;)

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope not at all the best thing to do is just put them all in a box and send them to me. :naughty:
Just kidding. Some have more value than others.

Arc AAA: The colored LED or CPF colored bodies are collectible.
Arc AA: Yes, these are rare. $60-$100
Arc LS: Yes

Last edited:

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I'm sure there's a market for them. The hardest part is determining a price. Remember, they're only going to be worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

I remember paying a premium for the AAAs when Arc LLC went out of business several years ago. I guess I won't be getting my money back. :shakehead :( :broke:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You may not get your money back on your Arc AAA's, but the other lights are sort of valuable. Peter Gransee continued the Arc AAA line when he jumped back into business.

Bill

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd keep at least one AAA. They may not be the brightest light on the block, but they still have rock solid reliability as their strong suit and make excellent backup and keychain lights.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Thanx people.

Yeah I still got an Arc AAA on my keychain. One of the earlier versions, my first, also my first internet purchase and first paypal usage. I bought from a reputable member here who is still around and selling.

My first purchase and he had to burn me on it by sending me a regular piece when I ordered a Premium Ltd Ed. But he did gave me a partial refund to make up for the difference. But still bad business ethnics to get sales. :xyxgun: Not a rant, just bring back memories. Kinda funny when you think back.

Thanx for the headup on the market prices. Now I remember I used to have a LS, but sold it off for cheap last time. :banghead:

Found some old pics:

arcaaap.jpg

arcaa.jpg

arclshsonice.jpg

Arc4Blue.jpg

icecube

Newly Enlightened
Gotta hand it to ya, those are some gorgeous snaps of that LS.

I gotta do a pic series of my flashies.

EDIT: ooops *D'OH*

i are noob

4+ I mean, not LS. Didn't see the writing quick enough!

Last edited:

georget98

Enlightened
I sold my broken ARC-4 on eBay for $85 and my LSH-P with an off-center LED (dropped 1 time too many) for $54. I sold my last spare AAA last fall and said "no more." The very next day, Peter announced the DS and I was still saying, "no more," while I impatiently waited for FedEx to bring my new DS.

In other words, you can sell your Arc's, but that is no more of a cure than pouring an alcoholic's bottles down the drain.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
so thats what my aaa le USED to look like!
Thanx people.

Yeah I still got an Arc AAA on my keychain. One of the earlier versions, my first, also my first internet purchase and first paypal usage. I bought from a reputable member here who is still around and selling.

My first purchase and he had to burn me on it by sending me a regular piece when I ordered a Premium Ltd Ed. But he did gave me a partial refund to make up for the difference. But still bad business ethnics to get sales. :xyxgun: Not a rant, just bring back memories. Kinda funny when you think back.

Thanx for the headup on the market prices. Now I remember I used to have a LS, but sold it off for cheap last time. :banghead:

Found some old pics:

arcaaap.jpg

arcaa.jpg

arclshsonice.jpg

Arc4Blue.jpg