• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Aleph LE for Mule

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
I know I'm not the only one looking...but I am in search of a light engine for an Aleph Mule.

I've wanted a McGizmo light for years, and I love the Mule concept, but before I pull the trigger on one of the McClicky Mules I want to be sure I can find an affordable light engine.

I know some of you guys have older light engines sitting around. I'll send you some cash to help with an upgrade, you'll find a good home for your old LE, and Don will sell a Mule: This is a win-win. :)

I'm not sure what kind of deals are out there, but I'll consider any offers. Thanks for your time.
-Rando

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked over at the Shoppe?
I did the same search and came up with a couple of responses. You will find something.
Good luck with this. I am sure you will find something good. BTW Are you sure Don has enough sets for you to wait? Clearly don made a larger run of these..thank goodness ...But don't wait too long or you will be disappointed. For example try buying an aluminum or any other PD...Can't do it they are all gone.
Yaesumofo

I know I'm not the only one looking...but I am in search of a light engine for an Aleph Mule.

I've wanted a McGizmo light for years, and I love the Mule concept, but before I pull the trigger on one of the Mclisky Mules I want to be sure I can find an affordable light engine.

I know some of you guys have older light engines sitting around. I'll send you some cash to help with an upgrade, you'll find a good home for your old LE, and Don will sell a Mule: This is a win-win. :)

I'm not sure what kind of deals are out there, but I'll consider any offers. Thanks for your time.
-Random

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
The LEs I saw at The Shoppe are a little too expensive for me under the current circumstances. Your advice is sage: I know I may miss this wave while I'm fishing for an inexpensive light engine, but that's OK. If I can't afford it I won't buy it--and I'll be content.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
rando - look into this setup:

- ES-Can + ES-Screw $16.50
- Wiz2 Driver $18.50 (includes $2 to add resistor) (add 0.25 for a resistor for higher drive current)
- 12.8mm, 13mm, or 14mm Cree on PCB from DX $6 (average)
- Shipping from The Shoppe ~$8

Total ~ $50...not too bad, and you get a McGizmo! This is the same setup I'm currently thinking about. The only thing holding me back is that I like the design of the Ti-Mule. I don't care if it's Ti or Al, but if the Aleph-Mule looked like the Ti-Mule, I'd be all over this.

cqbdude

Enlightened
The Aleph Mules dont look that bad...
297285628.jpg

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, didn't mean the Aleph Mules aren't attractive, but I really like the Ti Mule design and the shortness (which I think is in part due to the unique tailswitch, so I understand the McClicky version will have to be longer), but the head on the Ti Mule looks so cool.

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
One more try: Does anyone have an assembled light engine in the sub-$55 range? I'm surprised I didn't get offers on this.

Last edited: