Moddable Surefires

dave43

Newly Enlightened
I'm aware of the G2 being able to be modded with a p60 cree drop in. Is there another Surefire model with better options?

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I'm aware of the G2 being able to be modded with a p60 cree drop in. Is there another Surefire model with better options?

*Bursts out laughing*

Sorry, it's just that... nearly all Surefires are moddable. The 6P, 9P, G2, G3, G2Z, C2, C3, Z2, Z3, D3 all have P60 drop in capability. They all have different styles of tailcap you can add (clicky or twisty, etc.) and there are literally hundreds of aftermarket parts you can add on, such as Leef bodies and extenders to change battery options.

Also, other Surefires are also moddable, but I'm not very knowledgeable on those.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Go with the E series. Not only do you have the stock SF KLX heads, but the whole Aleph range which is infinitely adjustable to your needs as you can build light engines with any combination of driver and LED you want. If you ever get bored of that you can get an adapter to use the C series heads on an E series body which opens up a whole new range of possibilities. I have a C2 head on an adapter with a downboy 1000 and a U-bin Lux 3 going out through a McR 25-L reflector, its tiny but a throw monster. The E series is definitely the most verstatile.
Marc

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Here's my 6P with BOG Q5, LeefGrip, and Leef McClicky tailcap. It's an amazing little light.

img1458mediumwm2.jpg

It's about the same size of a Gladius, has the same features (minus the strobe, with a better emitter) and it just plain wallops one. I love it. The 6P has a completely modular style. But then again, so too do the E series bodies.

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
"koala" on Cpf has a thread in that sells a very nice drop-in for E series.

238053818-S.jpg
238053828-S.jpg

I also have waaaayy too many Aleph parts and pieces that fit Surefire E, as does TnC SF series.

All the parts of lights shown in bottom (2) pix are E series compatible
83756130-M.jpg

83756026-S.jpg

Good look in your search.

jeffb

Beastmaster

Enlightened
I agree. The E-Series is one of the most adaptable out there. And - the P series isn't a slouch either.

On the E-Series, you can choose different bodies, tailcaps, heads, and adapters. Some people even sell weapons mount for the E-Series as well, and Aleph and Vital Gear both sell aftermarket bodies for use as well.

On the P series (6P/9P/G2/G3/etc), you can get different heads, drop ins, converters/adapters, and tailcaps too.

It's all adaptable. It's fun, and it's addictive.

-Steve

Latest posts