On the verge of an Iraq attack

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
From the news (2:45 p.m), it sounds like we are right on the brink of attacking Iraq.

Intelligence reports (reported on MSMBC) are saying that Iraq troops are being armed with chemical weapons.

Please join me in prayers for the safety of our US and allied troops!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll ditto that and go you one further; My prayers will also include the innocent civilians in Iraq. May all our bombs, bullets and missiles land on Saddam, his sons, his willing henchmen and his weapons. May collateral damage be minor.

May Saddam be foiled in his attempts to destroy his own citizens and Iraq's infrastructure on his way out.

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
>>innocents in Iraq

Silviron, thanks for pointing this out. I couldn't agree more!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll join you on both counts. However, everybody should remember that there is no other army on earth that is capable of pulling this off with fewer noncombatant casualties. We have spent billions upon billions getting the most accurate bombs and missiles and everything else. Hell, they can fire a missile into a window from miles away or take out a single car on the freeway in rush hour traffic.

There will be mistakes made, and innocents will certainly be caught in the line of fire. But we're the best equipped to do this. They will not die because we were careless or because we didn't do the best job we could do protect them and most specifically they will not die because we targeted them on purpose the way the other side does do.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct again James.

I don't know if it was mere propoganda or true intel, but last week they were saying that Saddam had a bunch of American uniforms, was going to give them to his nastiest henchmen, to commit atrocities on his own people so that we would be blamed for war crimes.

Any enemy caught in American or Allied uniforms should be executed AFTER we wring out every bit of useful info.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Silviron said:
My prayers will also include the innocent civilians in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. ALL DEATH OF HUMANS IS HORRIBLE.

But, remember that Sadam has already killed in masses (was it thousands or millions?) of his own citizens already.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Well, last time many surrendered as fast as we could drive forward. I'm hoping the "genius" running Iraq hasn't figured out a better way to promote morale than he did last time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
I think they still have the same morale theory: some officer stands behind you and if you don't shoot... he will.

Inspiring, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif