Up a Mountain with NO torch, Corrie, UK

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid people.

(Liam & Maria)

I know it's only a soap, but to portray actors stuck up a mountain with NO torch, water, or food, and wearing trainers is just damn right irresponsible.

Add to that, the long shadows in the "Day for Night" shooting.

mikehill

Enlightened
I don't reckon it was irresponsible at all .... more like a warning for viewers for what not to do. I'm sure Mountain Rescue were consulted beforehand.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't reckon it was irresponsible at all .... more like a warning for viewers for what not to do. I'm sure Mountain Rescue were consulted beforehand.

Had mention been made of their inadequate preparations by Mountain Rescue, I would have agreed.

As it was, the only thing prepared were the good anoraks and leggings and thermals worn to keep the actors warm !

Last edited:

mikehill

Enlightened
It was in the episode before .. Maria giving him loads of stick about no torch, map, compass etc ... Not that I watch it, it was in the background you understand :D

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing most of the people here are thinking the same thing I am, WTF are you guys talking about? :laughing:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't know what your missing....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street

A guy I use to work with came to the UK from India in the late 60's. He never missed an episode. He would drive me mad (I'm not a soap fan) talking about it every morning after it had been shown.

Oh and as for Eastenders.................