fenix diffuser greatly helps to enhance pc-gaming fun

cal..45

Enlightened
hi fellas,

last night I was playing one of my favorite pc-games: F.E.A.R. (perseus mandate add on)

those of you, which know this game, are certainly aware of the sterile, cold - yet fascinating atmosphere fear provides. I have an old (incan) lamp next to my desktop that usually is on but last night I thought why not to try something different...

so I put the diffuser on head of one of my fenix lamps (L2D) and set it to low. the light was just bright enough to let me see my keyboard and it made my room exactly look like the sterile, cold lights used in the games corridors and buildings. there is really absolutely no comparison between a warm yellowish incan desktop lamp and the cold whitish shining fenix with diffuser cap. the lamp also made a good visible shadow of myself on the opposite wall, a style element that is often used in the games engine to enhance atmosphere.

believe it or not, it is even a lot more fun to play this game with that light ambience than it already is.

on the downside: this light doesn't make you feel comfortabel for "normal" applications, I wouldn't trade my trusty old incan for the fenix as an every night desktop light, but to create an enhanced atmosphere of fear, its absolutely amazing, just try for yourself.

regards, holger

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
F.E.A.R. kicks ***!

A lot of guns, a lot of action always in dark places... it is one of my favorites!