Malkoff        

Thread: Bianchi B-lite

Flashaholic*

Wink2 Bianchi B-lite

Just got this one today. Any comments appreciated. Very solid and feels heavier than a 2D Maglite. Paperwork is dated 1984. Beam is not focusable. Thanks for looking.
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Bianchi B-lite

Cool light! I've heard of that brand before, but I don't know anything about it. What is the beam like? Is the bulb an original one as far as you know? It it krypton?
    Aren't flashlights cool?
    Carry a flashlight, and you'll have a bright future.

The Super B-Lite was Bianchi's last flashlight, only made for one year before they left the business. KY Imports used to have a ton of these things for about $15-20 until a year or two ago. After I mentioned I was going to buy one another collector bought the entire inventory and has been selling them off privately since.

I have boxed 2D and 4D models I ended up with in later trades, plus a 6D offshoot.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ed View Post
    Cool light! I've heard of that brand before, but I don't know anything about it. What is the beam like? Is the bulb an original one as far as you know? It it krypton?
    Bulb is most likely original, standard PR2. Beam is typical-ringy, with a hole in the center. Decent throw for 3 volts. Easily corrected by frosting the bulb.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post
    The Super B-Lite was Bianchi's last flashlight, only made for one year before they left the business. KY Imports used to have a ton of these things for about $15-20 until a year or two ago. After I mentioned I was going to buy one another collector bought the entire inventory and has been selling them off privately since.

I have boxed 2D and 4D models I ended up with in later trades, plus a 6D offshoot.
    Your depth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for sharing your comments.

Flashaholic*

Will - great looking light. I have been wanting one like this for some time now, just cannot find anyone selling them. If you come across another plesae let me know. Until then, keep posting your pics, as I always enjoy seeing the additions to your collection. Kirk
    "If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny." ~ Steven Wright.

Thumbs up Re: Bianchi B-lite

Quote Originally Posted by ABTOMAT View Post

left the light business and started making holsters...you'd think they be better off making both at once
    Bianchi - The World's Finest Holsters, Duty Gear & Accessories

impressive addition to your collection, reminds me of the early pelican's designs

Bianchi was into leather gear before lights as far as I know. They figured they'd get into the police flashlight thing in the mid '70s and hired Don Keller who had recently left Kel-Lite under less than ideal circumstances. By the early '80s the market was shaking out and any company without a high tech product and a way to make lots of them died out. Streamlight and Mag-Lite were the only major long-term survivors.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the information gentleman.

Nice pictures, thanks for posting

Does anyone know what might be a good way to go about getting a similar light, other than posting on BST?

Regards,
    Tempest

Flashaholic*

Will, you've had the B light for TWO weeks now . Are you tired of it yet? . Sell the light, sell the light, sell it now, just sell it, sell it, sell it - to Nebula .

Really, PM if you decide to let it go.

Regards,

Kirk
    "If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny." ~ Steven Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest UK View Post
    Does anyone know what might be a good way to go about getting a similar light, other than posting on BST?

Regards,
    Tempest
    Check gunbroker.com, they show up periodically.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by swampgator View Post
    Check gunbroker.com, they show up periodically.
    Swampgator - thanks for the tip . I just ordered two of the B-lights from gunbroker.

KK.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Swampgator - thanks for the tip . I just ordered two of the B-lights from gunbroker.

KK.
    Please post pictures when you receive them-post here if you like!

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by willrx View Post
    Please post pictures when you receive them-post here if you like!
    I own one of these that I bought in 1973 when I was in Explorer Scouts. The only difference was the switch. Mine was not push button but was a slide switch. It is a great flashlight. I once accidently dropped it from a the top of a two story building on to a concrete side walk. I picked it up and no damage and worked perfectly. Due to its age the switch is broken and I can't get it to work. I would own another in a heart beat, if I gould find one. And yes it uses a standard 2D flashlight bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalope357 View Post
    I own one of these that I bought in 1973 when I was in Explorer Scouts. The only difference was the switch. Mine was not push button but was a slide switch. It is a great flashlight. I once accidently dropped it from a the top of a two story building on to a concrete side walk. I picked it up and no damage and worked perfectly. Due to its age the switch is broken and I can't get it to work. I would own another in a heart beat, if I gould find one. And yes it uses a standard 2D flashlight bulb.
    Barrel Service makes them in California under another name

Honorary Aussie

Here are mine, a 2xD with the slide switch and holster and a Super B-Lite 3xD with the red switch cover and original box.

It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.