Just Got A LiteFlux LF-3. Somebody Please Help Me! :)

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a used LiteFlux LF-3. I was intrigued reading about these things and especially where I read this had a "simple" interface. Yeah, simple if your a young techie! :)

I'm a very NON-Techie older guy and could someone point me to a video or something VERY SIMPLE, (see spot run :)), that could explain in SIMPLE detail how to work this dang thing?

All this twisting and turning is wearing me out! All I can get with this thing is low and medium. Besides that, this thing takes a definite two hands to do all of it.

I remember when the LOD-CE came out and some folks said it was too complicated. The LOD is a piece of cake compared to this thing!

PLEASE, someone help a total non-techie with this. :(

P.S. This is a COMPACT CR123 light but not a tiny CR123 light by any means. Why doesn't some manufacturer come out with a clicky light even if it's a bit larger that you can click through these interfaces instead of all this turning and twisting with two hands?

frank777

Enlightened
Yeah, I've got one. Simple AFTER you get the hang of it. Give me a call and I'd be happy to explain it, cause it's too complex to write it all out. I am up till midnight California (USA) time. 714-991-9241.

Frank

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene,

It takes a bit to get the "hang of it" but once you figure it out it is actually easy to use. Take a look around since there is a lot of info.

patycake57

Newly Enlightened
It took me a few minutes to figure out what a SW (switch) is.
The twisting motion needs to be quite quick. If you see the light go from high to low (or vice versa) during the switch, you are going too slow. I recommend 2 hands for the SW operation.

I set my LF3 to a 2 lumen low, and am quite happy with it.

LED Cool

Enlightened
Hello Gene,

the most important thing is to find out the P1 to P2 transition point of your LF3. turn on your LF3 and you get low output and the white dot is in P1. slowly twist further until you get medium output. that is where P2 is located.

note the amount of movement of the white dot and its position relative to the body when you go from low to medium output. (i.e. transition from P1 to P2)

a switch cycle (SW) means you twist from P1-P2-P1,in less than one second.

to get strobe, perform a SW x 3. P1-P2-P1-P2-P1-P2-P1

for SOS, it is SW x 4. P1-P2-P1-P2-P1-P2-P1-P2-P1

please have a look at the LF2 sales thread and LF2 feedback and suggestion thread located in my sigline. the operation of LF3 is the same as that of LF2.

thanks.
khoo

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene, I am possibly older than you but I found that all I needed in order to program my LF light was to follow step by step the instructions in this old post:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=1945881&postcount=52

This assuming that what you want to do is simply to set the output levels of the two standard switching positions. :)
progress.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the suggestions gents! I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess I'm a interface idiot! Why can't they just make these things; low-high-off and then an "easy" way to program if you want something else. Sorry for my whining and you guys are much better than me because all this twisting is ridiculous!

naturelle

Newly Enlightened
That´s ´cause with only one switch this is the only possibility to create multiple output and programming. If you want it easier or with a clicky, for this interface and way to program a light you would need two switches.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, thanks for all the responses. I want a small 123 light with a clicky. If anyone's interested in this, it's for trade on the trade forums.

JohnF

Enlightened
I got my LF2 a couple of days ago. I can sometimes stumble upon something that allows me to change the user programable setting, but I'm obviously not understanding something quite yet. Yes, I do have the SW thing down, I'm confident that is done right.

My biggest problem is that my eyesight is not good enough, and I don't have powerful enough reading glasses to read the manual - and what little I can read, no offense to anyone, is written in a form of english I'm not understanding too well. I can't make out the flow chart for programming at all. I'd like to be able to program all other modes in addition to P2.
The above link allowed me to program P2 to 100%, great, but I'd like to program the other modes, which he skipped out of. Help, please? This thing is not going to get the best of me!

John F

Last edited:

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
One idea would be to take the manual to any copy center - Kinko's ? and
make an enlarged copy. Easy and cheap!

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also... Just went to Liteflux's web page, every product is gone from the English side... Strange.