• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Bi-pin Mag C switch assembly

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
This is a switch assembly for C sized Mags that is fixed for low resistance. It uses a ceramic bi-pin socket known as a Magcharger slug which has been soldered directly to the upper switch contact using braided copper. A braided copper conductor connects the ground directly to the metal of the flashlight, aka JimmyM's 'Jimmy strap' for lower resistance. The copper connects to the slug (bulb ground) via the focus bearing screw. When made right, this allows the adjustable focus of the Maglite to be retained. I recommend using a focusing reflector with this assembly.

This one was made right by JimmyM. I used it with a 5761 before I decided to try one of AW's incan regulators, which replaced the switch assembly. Before installation into a light, you need to remove a spot of anodizing where the set screw pushes the strap against the inside surface of the flashlight.

The price is $30 shipped first class in CONUS. I will ship to other destinations and/or with other shipping options such as insurance provided the buyer is willing to pay actual costs for these services. First to post "I'll take it" gets priority.

SOLD

Here are some pics:
P1000300.jpg

P1000294.jpg
P1000292.jpg
P1000298.jpg

Last edited:

willrx

Enlightened
Re: FS: Bi-pin Mag C switch assembly

Nice. I am currently looking for the Magcharger slug only-for my MC. Any available? Thanks.

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
Re: FS: Bi-pin Mag C switch assembly

I will take it! PM sent!

Last edited: