Car light - Surefire G2 LED?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I should be able to answer this one myself. Anyone own this light? It looks like the ideal car light, with lots of output and runtime. Since it would be used in pretty much any circumstance from a crash to a flat tire, i want it to be there and working when I need it.

I'm thinking in yellow too, so that it's easy to find if dropped.

What is the beam like? Anyone?

BigD64

Enlightened
Great car light! I have one in yellow in my truck and a black one in my wife's car. Beam is even and bright. And if you want more power later you can always grab a Bugout gear or a Malkoff dropin to really boost your beam. With the Nitrolon housing it dosen't get too cold in the winter.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also been thinking about getting a G2L-YL to keep in the car, seems like a good choice :eek: I already own one in black and have been very impressed with it. The runtime should make it an ideal car light, kept with a loaded SC1.

Regards,
Tempest

Kato

Enlightened
Great choice! :twothumbs

I have a black one in my car and a yellow one in my wife's car.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are better off getting a headlight for car emergencies. Try changing a flat tire with one hand holding a flshlight.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have a G2L-YL in my car's glove box.
I selected a Yellow Nitrolon flashlight because it's easier to find and Nitrolon is warmer to the touch and affords better grip compared to a 6P.
The bonus (in my mind) of longer runtime from the LED, and the so-called 'white' light LED being more obvious to other road users outweighs the poor quality colour rendition I see compared to incandescent light.

(Soon, if not already, SureFire is shipping G2L-YL's with Yellow anodised aluminium bezels, just like the G2L-BK's ship with black anodised aluminium bezels)

The one I have is has a Nitrolon bezel but I read here on CPF that members have been told by SureFire that they can ask SureFire for a yellow anodised bezel and SureFire will send them one once they have sufficient stock.

Numbers

Enlightened
Get It. It's a perfect car light. I am debating whether of not to change out to the aluminum bezel - might be good to keep one or two completely nitrolon.
Beam is very nice, throw with side spill.
I also use one while on the water when there is a risk of losing the light overboard. Cheaper than losing an aluminum SF.

Duluth Diesel

Newly Enlightened
I keep a yellow G2 incan in the wife's van. It is a great light, and I just had it around and decided that the van was a good home for it, mostly for her to use. I EDC a 6PL and have other lights usually nearby.

I keep a DigiLight T12 (227 lumen incan) in my truck console along with spare batteries and a holster. It is a 12 volt (4 123a batt) light, so it is well suited for colsole use.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up four G2L-YL lights a few months back for the express purpose of vehicular EDC.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like to keep anything expensive in my vehicle, more thing to lose in case of break in.

But then again I have a rag top with windows that unzip from outside.

Latest posts