Holy Ultimatum, Batman!

Greta

Flashaholic
Is anyone listening to President Bush's address to the nation?!?!?

48 hours... that's all that Sadaam has left. WOW!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I especially loved when he said that the UN Security Council has not lived up to it's responsibilities. It's about time that someone stopped trying to be so freakin' diplomatic... call a spade a spade dammit!

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was interesting. One of the few things that dragged me away from my computer (and CPF). Now all I need is a WiFi laptop (with the reason I don't have one being that it would take away from my flashlight budget). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
France might invite Saddam in, afterall, there is a long complicated history between Chirac and Saddam...

I doubt he'll leave, though.

War is not a good thing, sometimes needed, but always with some tragedy. It's about time to move forward, stop talking and begin direct action.

--dan

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if perhaps Jack and Saddam shouldn't start looking into vacation packages in Elba... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

EDIT: LOL and then exactly 30 seconds after I post that the fox news guys start talking about the possiblity that he would go into exile like Napoleon and try to make a comback from there.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Dan, I think that the people know full well he is not going to leave, but IMO the 48 hours is more of a "we gave him a chance" (as if he hadn't had plenty of chances in the past). We shall see soon now. I also thought it was interesting how Bush stated that after the 48 hours we would use our own timeframe.

-Mike

snuffy

Enlightened
What are the odds that Saddam has his own "time frame" that does not start in 48 hours?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it's about 'freaking time...the longer we give him leaves him more time to set up defenses and booby traps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
snuffy said:
What are the odds that Saddam has his own "time frame" that does not start in 48 hours?

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
I suppose he'll argue now about what "time the clock actually started"...or perhaps "It depends on what your definition of "is", "is"...remember that one?!

Empath

Flashaholic
A message just appeared on my computer saying the homeland security threat has been elevated to orange.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally stay away from posting in politacal/war threads.

I'm very concerned about this on many levels for many reasons. If I were to state my views most certainly some of them could be considered as conservative in the truest sense of the word. Other views could be considered as liberal in the truest sense of that word. Some of my views could be considered very dove-like. Other views I have might be considered ulta hawk-like.

I would like to say this: I feel that folks that have concerns (yes, I have concerns) and wish to state them should consider that now is the best time to do so if they wish.

For my part I choose not to. Come Wednesday night I will make a point to refer to Bush as President Bush or The Commander In Chief.

Those men and women that are defending our freedom and existence have my full support. Thursday morning I will go out of my way to do things I enjoy. I will wake up early and have breakfast at IHOP with good people. Afterward, some of us will stand on beige beaches watching the sun rise over this beautiful country while we fish the spring runs. After that, most of us will be going to work. All of us will proceed with our day unempeded. All of us will be watching our troups stomp this evil piece of sick sh*t and harborer of terrorists into the sand.

Let's roll.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have composed several post in the last hour but deleted them all prior to posting. Nothing I write can put to words my feelings about the tragedy of an impending war. I will retire with a prayer for our troops, the President and the people of Iraq. God bless you all and Gods speed for a quick liberation.

Saddam, if you're out there be certain the time to fish or cut bait has arrived. All the saber rattling is over, all the hollow threats are over, and all the wishful thinking won't save you now unless you leave Iraq. Don't make your people suffer, do it for your country, get out of Iraq now.

leddite

Enlightened
i was told that bush even had the nerve to say something like "don't you dare burn the oil fields either". well then. we all are going to smite them, quite biblically, leviathan shall rise and fall upon the enemy. they have absolutely no chance, armed or not. we will "win", but how long will it take? done by the weekend, and then kick back with a miller.

we live in too interesting times now.

Banshee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
leddite said:
i was told that bush even had the nerve to say something like "don't you dare burn the oil fields either".

[/ QUOTE ]

news outlets are reporting that Saddam has all ready started cutting huge trenches in and around Baghdad and filling them with oil. Once the US and allies head in..these trenches will be set afire producing huge columns of black smoke impervious to satellite, laser and human sight. This aint gonna be no 100 hour war like Desert Shield/Storm...