Sources for leds in Europe?

claustro

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys is there anyone who know a good source for leds and related stuff in Europe?

THX

ANdrea

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sources for led in Europe?

Or simply take the Silk Road east towards a number of LED manufacturers in China and abroad :duh2:

Cloudane

Newly Enlightened
For torches?

I'm in the UK and got my L0D from - http://www.glowgadgets.co.uk - it's actually just one guy running a home business - he's away for a week or so I believe. But he knows his stuff, delivers for next day (if you order before 3pm) and has some brilliant Youtube videos :thumbsup:

iggs

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen any Fraen Ostar reflectors available for purchase in small quantities

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
I get my cheap stuff + DIYparts from dealextreme.com and Kaidomain.com and i get my fenix lights (i have bought 2 for me (sold one on) and one for my bro) from Glowgadgets -note he does candlepower discount and is great to deal with. DX is slow (typically <2weeks but 4 weeks when item out of stock (although says instock on site) Kai is like DX but a bit more sloppy (they never email to say its shiped, but do respond if you ask so thats ok) obviously the cheap crap at DX and KD is cheap crap, but theres some ok stuff (and handy for bare emitters etc).

iggs

Newly Enlightened
Torbeam- Thanks, yes they have the Fraen Ostar refelctors. Thanks, Thats a project starting to come to fruition!!

Bunkr3 - What carrier does DX use and how often do you get stung for VAT and admin charges when importing to the UK?

Thanks folks

Ian

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened
Bunkr3 - What carrier does DX use and how often do you get stung for VAT and admin charges when importing to the UK?
Honk kong post i think, its pretty slow. they have used tracking on higher value orders which is nice. I've never been stung on Import yet but, most of what i buy from dx is low value so i expect that helps it go unnoticed (also it gets sent as a gift and no invoice is put in the envelope).