Most Upgradable AA light?

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
What is the best AA light to upgrade with dropins and such? I've got a AA Minimag with a led dropin like everyone and their brother, but I'm looking for a nice AA light that will have some lifespan and be able to upgrade down the road. I've got plenty of nice led Q5 lights, but I would like something that will last.

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Most Upgradable AA light

Do you not think Minimags last long? Many people have had some for 20 years. I don't even know of any other AA light that's been on the market as long as the Minimag. Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Marduke

Flashaholic

The venerable MiniMag is probably the most upgradeable AA light out there.

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened

Do you not think Minimags last long? Many people have had some for 20 years. I don't even know of any other AA light that's been on the market as long as the Minimag. Or am I misunderstanding the question?
Nothing wrong with the minimag, I've had many, but prefer a rear clickie. I know you can get replacement rear clickies for the minimag, but none are very well built and don't match the body. I just wanted something else to tinker with, possibly start modding. I might be happy with a minimag if someone came out with a better clickie and a 200 lumen dropin.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok I got you now. I always wished Mag put a clickie in the barrell of the minimag, just like the C and D cell lights. I know it would make it longer, but I think it would be a big improvement