Shamrock Shakes

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only two hours left to get yourself a real McD's Shamrock Shake. After sucking one *giant* sized one down, I now know why they only bring these things out once a year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A chemistry teacher once told me that the McD's shakes have a similar isomer to some kind of plastic...That was a long time ago. Anybody have any details?

-Jason

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I thought that recipe would be yucky, but it uses vanilla ice cream and milk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I ordered one of these last year or the year before, and found that they had a sickly-sweet taste, like rotten honey or like the gaseous thing (that "sickly sweet smell") that Captain Kirk and co. killed on Star Trek with a homemade antimatter bomb. :-\

Bill.H

Enlightened
I've always wondered what that amazing milk-free chemical broth is they make the Shakes (notice they're NOT called milkshakes) out of. Last time I looked, it had more sodium than the fries.

Oh, well, I like strawberry best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shamrock shakes? I haven't seen those in the Bay Area for a long time.

Just for kicks, one of the downtown S.F. McDonalds use to have "Mcpizzas." And they weren't half bad...

--dan

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Minty Pepto Bismol, I like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have to give my stomach a rest untill next year...