• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modder Fodder - Free Dysfunctional A2 Tailcap - GONE

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
(edit - Tailcap is Gone)

Free, to anyone who has a use for it, dysfunctional SF A2 tailcap (natural/grey color).

I had bought an A2, used, and noticed it wasn't working like I thought it should. Sometimes the incan would come on dim (out of regulation dim, even with fresh batteries), sometimes the incan would come on, but the LEDs wouldn't, sometimes I could get both on, but couldn't get the LEDs on without the incan, and the only way to get the incan to come on on full power was to hit the button really hard and fast. I called SF and they walked me through a few things to test, including shorting the battery to the body, and they determined the tailcap was dysfunctional, and they sent me a new one, they did not want the old one back. With the new tailcap, the flashlight worked beautifully, just like it should. (+1 for SF's excellent service!).

So now I have a dysfunctional A2 tailcap, and no use for it. Maybe someone here will know how to take it apart and fix it. Maybe someone here will be able to mod it or use the parts on another flashlight. You can do whatever you want with it, except you cannot send it in to SF for a replacement. Since they already replaced this one, asking them to do it again would amount to stealing from SF. I trust the members of this forum not to do this.

I have subsequently sold the A2 (in perfect working order, with new tailcap), so I can't do any more tests with the dysfunctional tailcap.

So the first "I'll take it" posted in this thread, in the US, can have it. Just PM me your mailing address and I'll ship it out within a day or so. I'll cover shipping cost.

(I posted in this forum because I wanted the modders to see it, since I believe they are the ones who would have a use for it. Moderators, feel free to move this thread if you feel it would be more appropriate somewhere else.)

Last edited: