Streamlight Key-Mate Mod?

Groundhog66

Banned
Has anyone ever upgraded the LED and reflector on a Streamlight Key-Mate? Also, what LIon battery can replace 4 LR44 button batteries?

Tim

paulr

Flashaholic
You might be able to use a 10180 or even 10280 li ion battery in there. I saw a very nice mod using a size N nimh cell and a Luxeon led a while back. I think it used a turned-down NX05 optic rather than a reflector, but good reflectors weren't available back then like they are now.

Groundhog66

Banned
You might be able to use a 10180 or even 10280 li ion battery in there. I saw a very nice mod using a size N nimh cell and a Luxeon led a while back. I think it used a turned-down NX05 optic rather than a reflector, but good reflectors weren't available back then like they are now.

Any chance you have a link to that mod?

unnerv

Enlightened
I used to have one, but sold it off a while back. They were pretty cool little lights.

Here is a beam shot that I saved, Arc AAA on the left Nanomate on the right
ArcA3vNM.JPG

83Venture

Enlightened
I have one of the Nanomates - still has the N cell it came with and even by todays standards it has a nice beam.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant find the link ,but I modded one ,well over a year ago with a Smj led,I still use the original reflecter and 4 lr44 batteries.Slightly over rives it ,but the little lr44 sag so much under load the smj led has handled it fine for over a year.Batteries lasted 10 months wit intermittent use. It is much brighter but smj leds are pretty purple/blue by todays standard.
Is been on my keychain all this time ,still shows NO scratches.One tough little light.

Try searching turbo keymate.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/30129

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/127705
Ill look too.

HTH

Last edited:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have two of the Lambda Nano-Mates. They are great and of all the lights I've sold here over the years, these two have stayed with me. Truly one of the great key chain lights ever. I completely coated one's reflector with glow paint. Made it a super flood light and glows like crazy when off. I've been looking for metal reflectors and especially glass lenses for them for years with no luck.