What a great idea, a 10/22 pistol.
This is a really fun gun to shoot, I love ruger's 10/22
rifle for its dependabilty and assesseries, but to make it
a pistol wow.

rc_001.jpg

rc2_001.jpg

jugg2

Enlightened
Wow, that looks pretty nice. I like the wood stock. I have the all weather 10/22 myself and it is a great gun. A pistol would be fun to play with.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a 1022 rifle but I sold it. My Ruger Mk II pistol seems to do it all for me so the 1022 was just extra baggage. Got a Mini-30 for the rifle stuff.

That chopped 1022 looks pretty nice though. I wonder if the government gets upset if you make your own. ;)

Last edited:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I had a 1022 rifle but I sold it. My Ruger Mk II pistol seems to do it all for me so the 1022 was just extra baggage. Got a Mini-30 for the rifle stuff.

That chopped 1022 looks pretty nice though. I wonder if the government gets upset if you make your own. ;)

Yeah - they would

This actually scares me - now you have to be REAL careful buying/selling 10/22s

If you have a rifle with a reciever that was originally a pistol, or the other way around, you have illegal NFA weapons - the BATF can cause you all sorts of problems

XFlash

Enlightened
Sorry for the late post but just now saw all these posts about the 10/22 pistol. I found it at the gun store for 300.00 plus tax. They must have just came out. It is really fun to plink with, found an old 25 round mag I had laying around fits great with bipod legs extended.
I have a Ruger Mark III Target I shoot, but this 10/22 pistol is just a different kind of shooting fun.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Az_Tibor

Newly Enlightened
Yeah - they would

This actually scares me - now you have to be REAL careful buying/selling 10/22s

If you have a rifle with a reciever that was originally a pistol, or the other way around, you have illegal NFA weapons - the BATF can cause you all sorts of problems

Just want to clarify, you're half right.

According to the BATFE and case law, a firearm that is originally a pistol CAN be reconfigured into a rifle (16" barrel, 26" overall) and later returned to pistol configuration. That is completely legal. However, a firearm that is originally a rifle may NOT be configured with a barrel less than 16" or an overall length less than 26" (without going through the NFA registration process beforehand).

So if you have a 10/22 rifle, you cannot make a pistol out of it, ever, legally. Even going through the NFA registration process, it would still be a short-rifle/short-barreled rifle (SBR) rather than a pistol, regardless of the presence or lack of a buttstock.

But if you buy one of these 10/22 factory pistols, you can add a 16" or longer barrel and a buttstock (must be in that order to prevent SBR status; reverse order when changing back) and also have yourself a 10/22 rifle. This is the law thanks to Thompson/Center Arms winning against the BATFE for going after their Contender pistols sold with rifle kits.