• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB M6-R rechargeable pack NO LONGER REQUIRED

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I know its a slim chance but if anyone out there has a JS M6-R rechargeable pack for sale please send me a PM and name your price ! :D :D :D

EDIT: I have decided to wait for JS's new packs as I am told that cells in the original packs maybe coming to the end of their lives very soon.

Thanks for all your help people
:twothumbs

Last edited:

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB M6-R rechargeable pack $$$

MSaxatilus, now you are just teasing !!!

Out of interest, what was your Li-ion solution mentioned in the give away thread ?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Out of interest, what was your Li-ion solution mentioned in the give away thread ?

6x17500s stacked 2s3p with a modified tailcup from AWRs failed HD-M6 project. 2xAW "C" Cells work great too. Need a spacer though (1.25" PVC pipe and some electrical tape).

If you can't get a tailcap cup you can use Fivemega's extension.

MSax

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

6x17500s stacked 2s3p with a modified tailcup from AWRs failed HD-M6 project. 2xAW "C" Cells work great too. Need a spacer though (1.25" PVC pipe and some electrical tape).

If you can't get a tailcap cup you can use Fivemega's extension.

MSax

What Battery Holder is used?

Mac

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

What Battery Holder is used?

Mac

None. I stack the cells up and hold them in place with shrink wrap. I use thin metal plates for the positive and negative ends, bit more shrink wrap and your all set. Charge the whole pack together with a Triton. I'll try to take a picture of my ghetto-pack tonight and I'll post it here, as long as London Lad doesn't mind us hi-jacking his thread a bit.

MSax

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

No feel free! While you are at it can someone explain why the above solutions use a nominal 2 x 3.7 volts = 7.4 volts, when the MB20 full of CR123s is a nominal 9 volts ? Do the Li-ions drop less than the primary under load ?

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

No feel free! While you are at it can someone explain why the above solutions use a nominal 2 x 3.7 volts = 7.4 volts, when the MB20 full of CR123s is a nominal 9 volts ? Do the Li-ions drop less than the primary under load ?

Lithium ion rechargeables do hold their voltage better under load than primaries. It has to do with internal resistance.

If my memory serves me correctly, the MN21 is actually an 6.8V bulb at 4.9-5.0A.

Have a look at mdocod's thread here which explains this and more.

seattlite

Enlightened

Anyone know the lifespan of the "js" M6-R cells?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

No feel free!

Here Ya go.....
BattPackSmall.jpg

MSax