Surefire L1-How do you tell the different generations apart?

py702

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there was a certain way to tell the different generations of the SF L1 apart by either looking at just the light itself or by looking at the packaging? Also how many generations are there currently? Is 3 correct?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

py702

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help Wicho and thanks for the link thermal guy, that was a good thread to check out.

As far as the newer packaging, I've seen some that say "New higher output more runtime" in yellow and black located just to the right of the L1 on the package. I'm guessing that this is the latest one released?

Paul

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there was a certain way to tell the different generations of the SF L1 apart by either looking at just the light itself or by looking at the packaging? Also how many generations are there currently? Is 3 correct?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

:welcome:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your help Wicho and thanks for the link thermal guy, that was a good thread to check out.

As far as the newer packaging, I've seen some that say "New higher output more runtime" in yellow and black located just to the right of the L1 on the package. I'm guessing that this is the latest one released?

Paul

Yes, those are the current Cree L1 lights.

py702

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome Federal LG :wave: and thanks for the reply JNewell, I kind of thought those were the latest ones released, but I just wanted to make sure.

(By the way, hanging around here gets pretty costly! :grin2: )

Paul

Latest posts