Kl4

Winter1

Newly Enlightened
Talked to Steve at SureFire a day or so ago. He advised that the new Kl4s would be there for testing at the end of March 2003.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
you do know that means *surefire* time, don't you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
So what if the KL4 is being tested at the end of March?
It makes no difference to the fact we do not know when it will be released. We do not know what it's specs will be.

Posting this sort of thing does not help us.

We have learnt that it's best to keep these things to ourselves so that CPF as a whole does not get upset.

Let SureFire get on with it and let us know when our dealers have the product in stock for us to buy. That's my view anyway...

Al

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
So what if the KL4 is being tested at the end of March?
It makes no difference to the fact we do not know when it will be released. We do not know what it's specs will be.

Posting this sort of thing does not help us.

We have learnt that it's best to keep these things to ourselves so that CPF as a whole does not get upset.

Let SureFire get on with it and let us know when our dealers have the product in stock for us to buy. That's my view anyway...

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Posts like this just get everybody worked up, with nothing to go on but pure speculation.

It's like the 'news coverage' of the 'Iraqi war' which will likely start soon, but there are *NO FACTS* to go on about the war, just as there are *NO FACTS* to go on for the KL4.

Except it will take much longer to get into production than we think it should; early production ones will have problems, and they will be expen$ive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just leave it alone, until SureFire makes an announcement of an actual *DELIVERY DATE*. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
KL3 is for p series lights KL$ is for E series E2E to be exact. It is 5 watt and will be nice I am sure. If I were you I would put off the KL# for the KL4... But It might be a long wait.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry The $ and the 4 are the same key Shift error I meant KL4

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Bushman said:
... If I were you I would put off the KL# [3] for the KL4... But It might be a long wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bushman - I wasn't aware of the possibility of a future addition to the KL series, so it was news to me when I saw this post. I have plenty of time to wait since my needs aren't immediate... and I think you're right - sounds like a better plan to just save up the dollars for an upgrade.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that was a nice warm welcome guys!
Welcome Winter 1 SF has been known to miss a few ship dates so it is a touchy subject around here.

Size15's

Flashaholic
We do not know what it's specs will be.
Specs for products being developed often change.
Proto-types often differ from production models.
No product release date has been given.

Al