LP M1-T Dies.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
So I let my GF handle my trusty LP M1-T and she dropped it. It slipped out of here hand on one of our nightly walks. And now it wont work. Im not sure if I should be disappointed, mad, or unconcerned....

My LP Dmini has been dropped countless times and it was my first cree light. And its still going strong, save for me ruining the SMO reflector. LOL. Shooting an order in Batteryjunction's direction for that one. lol

What do you guys think?

***interesting update on post #8***

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
So I let my GF handle my trusty LP M1-T and she dropped it. It slipped out of here hand on one of our nightly walks. And now it wont work. Im not sure if I should be disappointed, mad, or unconcerned....

My LP Dmini has been dropped countless times and it was my first cree light. And its still going strong, save for me ruining the SMO reflector. LOL. Shooting an order in Batteryjunction's direction for that one. lol

What do you guys think?

I think you need to slap the sh*t out of your GF. :nana:

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Lol at this_is_nascar... She got really worried and sad cuz it wouldn't fire up. She knows how much my lights cost, lol. I had to tell it was ok, like a gazillion times.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Do you know which part broke? Maybe you can get a replacement part.

At least she understands how much a light means to you.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you check the battery and contacts inside the light to see if anything got smushed?

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Also check that the reflector retaining ring inside the bezel is tight. On some M1 models the reflector can become loose and short the contacts at the emitter when the bezel is tightened down. At least that was the case with my M1-R, where the clearances between the emitter, contacts and reflector are very small.
Also check that the pill is fully seated and its retaining ring is snug.

RdlyLite

Enlightened
***Update***

My LP M1-T did not die. After posting yesterday I gave it a through check and adjusment and still nothing...Until I replaced the batteries. After a little trial and error, one of my tenergy rcr123a 900mah doesn't work anymore. I guess the impact of the flashlight on the asphalt killed one of the battery. This is a first for me. I am so happy that I don't have to find a replacement light. :)