Romisen website? - RC-G2 is a 2x123?!?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I have to apologize now... this is the third time I've posted asking for a webpage :eek:

But does Romisen have a website? If they don't, is there a dealer with a complete list somewhere? Romisen is the first DX brand that's seemed good enough to me to look into further. (It started with a RC-G2 I gave as a gift. There is no better deal out there!)

e2x2e

Enlightened
Re: Romisen website?

Shenzhen Mingxingdongli Electronic Co., Ltd

Whao, can anybody pronounce that???!!!

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened
Re: Romisen website? Here is part date of RC-A3!

Model of Product: RC-A3
Characteristics of Product:
*Output bright can come to above 100 lumens [1m]
*Internal wiring applies the hight efficient booster circuit, and can ultilize the batteries in the largest exten.
*Waterproofing design
*Aluminium alloy casing
*Aluminium alloy reflector.
Discharging time: 2xCR123: 7 hours
1x18650: 6 hours
3xAAA: 2.5 hours
Model of Battery: 2xCR123A/3xAAA/1X18650
Model of LED: P3 CREE LED
External Dimension:35mm x 35mm x 110mm
Outside Box size:26mm x 26mm 102mm
Net Weight: 41g

leon-qcg

Newly Enlightened

Me, thank you, we get some products from the company, it seems that you know about it????? The name spelled in Chinese, so I don't know how to perform it for you!!!:twothumbs

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: Romisen website? Here is part date of RC-A3!

Except unless there are BOTH SAIK and Romisen RC-A3 then the SAIK one actually uses 1AA!

And I don't have a gram scale but my RC-A3 goes a smidge over 2oz on my scale.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

just what i was looking for - thanks leon-qcg
I love how Romisen organizes their flashlights: all on one page, description: "(CREE) LED Flashlight". :shakehead

Still, you can't beat a good CREE for $10 :grin2:

PlayboyJoeShmoe - are you sure it's the wrong product? This is worrying on a manufacturers website...

herolet

Newly Enlightened

I might be able to help you.

Shenzhen -> A city with a population of about 6-million, 200 KM North to HongKong.

Mingxingdongli -

Mingxin -> can be translated to "a bright/shinning star" or "Celebrities" in English because both "A bright star" and "Celbrities" can be tranlated to "MingXing" in Chinese.

Dongli -> Power, energy.

Put them together. Mingxindongli could be translated to "the power/energy of bright/shinning stars".

:twothumbs

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have some nice Cree lights, I have one myself, it's worth the $10.00

My only Romisen experience was an Rc-G2 AA I gave as a gift (of course checking it for problems first ;)). Light output was about what I'd expect - kills bigger LEDs you see in supermarkets etc, but dim compared to, say, the NDI. But the quality was impressive! Well-made, well-fitting parts, generously lubed, good design, simple, forward clicky, nothing bad about it! I figure now I'd better get a Romisen for myself :D

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

I might be able to help you.

Shenzhen -> A city with a population of about 6-million, 200 KM North to HongKong.

Mingxingdongli -

Mingxin -> can be translated to "a bright/shinning star" or "Celebrities" in English because both "A bright star" and "Celbrities" can be tranlated to "MingXing" in Chinese.

Dongli -> Power, energy.

Put them together. Mingxindongli could be translated to "the power/energy of bright/shinning stars".

:twothumbs

Thanks for the clarification - quite unexpected :D

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

whoa, OK, I just looked for the RC-G2 on the provided website, and it says it is a 2xCR123 flashlight. The one I reveiced was a 1xAA flashlight that CLEARLY said RC-G2. :confused::confused:

EDIT: it said MXDL RC-G2. This product isn't listed at the manufacturers website, so I'm still confused.

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

The ROMISEN RC-G2 is definatly a 1AA light.

The SAIK RC-A3 is also a 1AA light.

Maybe there is an MXDL or some such also called RC-G2 that is 2x123, but I don't know or think so.

linterno

Enlightened
I noticed recently that they changed the specifications. Mistake?

The RC-G2 sold by dealextreme and kaidomain is a 1xAA with CREE P2 led.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that looks right. alibaba.com is a wholesale broker sort of site, and that was just a manufacture profile page.

Seth

Newly Enlightened

My only Romisen experience was an Rc-G2 AA I gave as a gift (of course checking it for problems first ;)). Light output was about what I'd expect - kills bigger LEDs you see in supermarkets etc, but dim compared to, say, the NDI. But the quality was impressive! Well-made, well-fitting parts, generously lubed, good design, simple, forward clicky, nothing bad about it! I figure now I'd better get a Romisen for myself :D

Exactly my thoughts, I came to the light...

The RC-G2 is absolutely stellar in machining and design, it lacks only in the emitter- and driver-department.

Seth

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deal-Extreme sells olny the MXDL RC-G2: http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.rc-g2

The first site posted is the only I've seen that sells an RC-G2 (w/out the MXDL in front), and it is definitely 2xCR123A, as every stat is changed to fit that, not just battery type. See http://szromisen.en.alibaba.com/product/200008886/201804696/CREE_LED_Flashlight/LED_flashlight.html

anarchocap: thanks for the website! definitely more official. Also seems to have all the new models and not the old ones, where the original website had a larger variety but more older models. (I prefer the first :))

Latest posts