How long does it take for Surefire to reply to your email?

tim003

Newly Enlightened
I sent them an email regarding about the switch on my new "cree" E2L, and the batteries seem like moving around in the body when using the light. The switch doesnot feel positive and stiff sometime when click on or off. I had never have these experiences with my other SF lights. Should I give them a call or wait for their reply to my email? And normally how they handle these issues with the light? Any help would greatly appreciate.

Tim

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best way to contact SF customer service is to call. That usually will get a response and a fix right away. Their email handling is iffy at best.

Mark

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calling is better, but I've had email responses within 24 hours before.

Regards,
Tempest

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always call and end up resolving issues within minutes. Emails are generally replied to within 24-48 hours.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent them an email regarding about the switch on my new "cree" E2L, and the batteries seem like moving around in the body when using the light. The switch doesnot feel positive and stiff sometime when click on or off. I had never have these experiences with my other SF lights. Should I give them a call or wait for their reply to my email? And normally how they handle these issues with the light? Any help would greatly appreciate.

Tim

As others have said, call them. I've never had a good response via email.

With regards to your problems:
1. Batteries rattling around: that seems to be normal - and in fact is a good thing if you'd like to use rechargeable batteries with the E2L body, since some rechargeables are slightly fatter than CR123A batteries. I thought that the newest E-series bodies were being bored tighter, but maybe I'm wrong...
2. Switch: this has been an ongoing problem with the clicky e-series tailcap. Turn the tailcap upside down and put a drop of synthetic (non-petroleum) oil into the holes you see and click away. You may be able to solve your problem that way. Give it a shot.

At any rate, SF customer service should be able to help you out with your problems.

Illum

Flashaholic
oddly enough anywhere between 4 days and infinity [I.E. the mail is lost during transfer presumed to be filtered out as spam]

chokker

Newly Enlightened

Tim

I have a E1L and I am having the same problem with my switch. I am working on my third e-mail and it has been over a week. The last light that I returned for a replacement took over a month for surefire to replace.

milox

Newly Enlightened
i emailed them almost a month ago, no reply :D
but i found all the information i need here on CPF

bones_708

Enlightened
I once e-mailed about a problem and never got a reply, just a much needed part that showed up at my house. Their internet customer service sucks but the warranty is great!

DM51

Flashaholic
Many times when members complain of receiving no reply to their e-mails, it turns out that the replies have been eaten by their spam-blocker software.

I am not saying that this is what has happened in all the cases mentioned here, just that a high proportion of cases turn out to be just like that.

Numbers

Enlightened
I find that if you want action from SF, as often as not you have to go to a supervisor after a couple of calls to the customer service reps dont provide the promised result.
Never e-mailed them.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
I have always used their customer service number. I've never had issues - just parts appearing a couple of days later after my conversation.

All kidding aside - I tell them what's wrong, they send me the replacement part, done!

-Steve

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Well I live overseas, so calling is a bit tricky.

I emailed them recently, got a reply in a couple of days.

If they've sent out the replacement part to me, it should be here in another week or so.

Here's hoping.

planex

Newly Enlightened
They never replied to several of my emails. But calling gets results every time :twothumbs

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
I almost exclusively use the website and they get back within 24 hours.

chokker

Newly Enlightened
Well boys it has been over a week but surefire did finally reply to my e-mail. The switch should be on the way.

Robert,

I will have a replacement tail cap sent to you.

Sincerely,

Eric Biddle
SureFire Technical Support
:twothumbs

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Going on 4 years. I can not remember what I asked them, but do recall that I got no response. No big deal. I could have pursued the querry, but I found the answer on CPF.

Bill