Surefire L1 Holster

Gerhard

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Even though my L1 is small and usually easy to keep in my front pocket, i am looking for a small mag holder or knife pouch (or flashlight holder, ideally) to put it on my belt with.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Dark Matter

Newly Enlightened
I have the SF V82 Nylon holster with velcro closure that I purchased from Surefire. The SF V82 is made by SF for the L1 (and fits with a beamfitter) :thumbsup:

alantch

Enlightened
The L1 fits nicely into the mini-mag holster, and that's what I've been using for sometime now. The maxpedition 4" tubes also work well and are of better construction compared to the former.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gerber make belt pouch for their knives in various size, one of them should fit L1, should be cheap too.

Numbers

Enlightened
I have the SF V82 Nylon holster with velcro closure that I purchased from Surefire. The SF V82 is made by SF for the L1 (and fits with a beamfitter) :thumbsup:
I have the same v-82 holster for my L1 and find it to be a poor fit. I had to remove the lanyard ring from the light to fit it in there and make it barely acceptable. I just now put my beamshaper on the light and the flap is making contact with the velcro of only about 1/2 of an inch. I dont think this enough to secure the light properly.

Gerhard I would certainly look at other than the v-82 which was obviously designed for the shorter e series SF lights and not the L1 (the holster has been around a lot longer than the L1 cree, and did not have a chance of fitting the earlier and longer versions of the L1).

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same v-82 holster for my L1 and find it to be a poor fit. I had to remove the lanyard ring from the light to fit it in there and make it barely acceptable. I just now put my beamshaper on the light and the flap is making contact with the velcro of only about 1/2 of an inch. I dont think this enough to secure the light properly.

Gerhard I would certainly look at other than the v-82 which was obviously designed for the shorter e series SF lights and not the L1 (the holster has been around a lot longer than the L1 cree, and did not have a chance of fitting the earlier and longer versions of the L1).

Get the V20, V21 or V25 holster. They fit much better. I have a V82 and think it really only fits an e1e properly. SF used to advertise this for the original L1 and that DEFINITELY did not fit.

hassiah

Newly Enlightened
I had an L1 for a long time before I gave it away and got myself a 6PL (and a Fenix P2D Q5 is on the way =).

Anyways, the BEST holster I ever found for the L1 was made by AKJ ConcealCo (look them up on google). They make some concealment firearms holsters but they also make a great line of flashlight holsters in leather. There is no snap or velcro... they are "open top" holsters with good tight leather tension and a little adjustable tension device. I have NEVER had the L1 fall out. Plus, even though the 6PL was a bit too big for it, I used an old leather-worker's trick and soaked the holster in water for 5 minutes, then covered the 6PL in thin plastic (baggie) and jammed it into the holster and let it dry... now my 6PL fits the holster and it's still the greatest holster I ever used.

And, I've tried others (the SF velcro ones, the SF plastic one, and some home-made jobs from old leatherman cases, etc.).

The price is decent too, but the guy makes them himself and makes them to order, so you may wait QUITE a while to get it.

EDIT:

QUITE a while means one or two weeks up to a month depending on how backed up he is, though I think a month is generally the exception, not the rule.

Also, the holsters come in various sizes (75, 87, 100, etc.) where the number represents the diameter in inches (like .75, .87, 1.0) of flashlight that will fit. He also has a chart showing which types of surefires and some other brands (mag, innova) will fit bezel up and bezel down in the various holsters.

Last edited:

Numbers

Enlightened
Get the V20, V21 or V25 holster. They fit much better. I have a V82 and think it really only fits an e1e properly. SF used to advertise this for the original L1 and that DEFINITELY did not fit.
V20/21 is too large for the L1, they are made for the G series size lights. I actually use them for my 2 cell E series lights, as SF recommends, but they are a bit too big for those lights too.

I wonder why SF does not make something specifically for the L1 and for 2 cell e series LED lights, one would think they sell enough of those lights to provide a holster made SPECIFICALLY for them.

braindoc

Newly Enlightened
SF100A_knife_shark_480.jpg

I Second the AJConcealco holster.
braindoc
http://www.concealco.com/
http://www.concealco.com/small_pics/SF100A_knife_shark_480.jpg

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
V20/21 is too large for the L1, they are made for the G series size lights. I actually use them for my 2 cell E series lights, as SF recommends, but they are a bit too big for those lights too.

I use a V21 and think it fits fine. There is a lot of velcro on the flap, so it just adjusts so the full flap covers the front of the light.

Numbers

Enlightened
My V21 must have less velcro than yours, like you say the full flap covers the front but in that position the velcro on mine does not line up at all. The opposing pieces of velcro completely bypass eachother. My v-21 is a couple of years old so the amount and position of the velcro has probably been increased.