Mini Maglite AA LED Drop-ins

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
Question: Where should i go, and what type of LED drop-ins are out there for Mini Mag AA's??? Ive seen a 3 type LED and a single type LED, but nothing with specs on them. What is out there? I Just got 3 Mini Mags and want to upgrade them. Also i was trying to search this through the forums, but the search engine keeps comming up with errors...

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends. Do you want to saw them in half first?

Grin. No, I'm serious, that's one possibility. But probably not right away.

There are lots of choices. Try going to www.ledmuseum.com, click in the left column for the list of reviews, and read up there, too.

Do you want to use throwaway alkaline batteries, or are you started on using rechargeable (Nickel metal hydride) batteries, with a good recharger? If not start reading up on chargers here!

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
yea i have some 2100 rechargables, so ive been lookin at the 2nd response for the post #6 those look good i guess, best there is? but where do u get them

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you search, try searching for "m@g"

The manufacturer got unpopular enough for a while that people quit spelling the name here; they do more litigation than innovation.

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
so it's worth the buy? trading 15.2 lumens or so for 15lumens bright white led with more hrs. is it alot brighter? and will the rechargable batts make a difference

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try pasting this:

+beamshot +AA "mini-mag" m@g

into the Google search box at the top of the page, and check the "CPF Only" box to the right of the search box, and that'll find a good many answers

linterno

Enlightened
I have both SMJLED and TLE-5EX.

If you want a flashlight for indoor use and you want your batteries last for a looooong time, go for SMJLED. I have two minimag with SMJLED and I use it every night to take care of mi daughter. I really like it.

If you want a more powerful light go for TLE-5EX. I am going to be honest with you, I didn't like this upgrade; I felt it to expensive for what I got. Some people talk about heat dissipation issues. I used the washer to transfer heat to the body, but I have not left it running for a long time, so I cannot say for sure that it works. It made sense for me and I made the modification.

Last edited:

Latest posts