Consensus picks?

Glance2

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to put together a list of consensus picks from what I've read in these forums. Here is what I have so far:

Thrower under $130
Dereelight DBS Q5
Edgetac RapidFire Spear

Thrower under $30
Aurora WF-600 Q5
Lowe's Task Force 2C Cree
RayoVac Sportsman Xtreme 4W LED 3C

Flood under $50
Romisen RC-T5 4-Cree 3-Mode LED Flashlight
MX Power 3-Cree 3-Mode

EDCs

AA under $80
Edgetac Nightcore Defender Infinity Q5
JetBeam Jet 1-Pro R2 (?)
Fenix Digital L1D Premium Q5 SMO
LRI Proton Pro

2xAA under $80
Fenix Digital L2D Premium Q5

AA under $20
Romisen RC-G2
MTE 5 mode Rebel-100
UltraFire C3 AA

2xCR123 under $70
Fenix P3D Premium Q5

AAA under $20
Kaidomain KD 1xAAA SCC U-bin SX0H Buckle Flashlight

Headlamp under $50
Zebralight H50 Q5

Comments, suggestions, input appreciated

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its very subjective. I haven't had my hands on even one of the lights on your list, and were I to make such a list it would probably have completely different lights. This is not to say that one list is better or worse than any other, but that there are so many choices out there that reaching a consensus might be difficult. Mine would list Fenix, SF, Streamlight Propoly Lux 4AA, Arc, etc. JMO.

1060.gif

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Thrower under $30,

Check Dealextreme for the WF-600, more throw then both.

And I'm guessing you mean flood?

The choices will be different depening on the person.

Steel and Light

Newly Enlightened
You know there will probably be disagreement (not from me as I have some of these). However, for someone starting out, that list would be an excellent place to start and begin looking through the forums. Not a bad idea.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

A consensus will be nigh unto impossible. :green:

:crackup:

+1

I'd think the 2xAA L2D Q5 would be as close as you could get, but lots of people hate Fenix features too.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a very good thrower at $100 or so, Lumapower D-Mini with PEU 18650 tube and 2 stage switch. Mine is the original version and throws great. Nice light with long runtime as well. Newer version is probly even better.

paulr

Flashaholic
Not clear at all what you're looking for. People have all kinds of preferences here. EDC's in particular, you've left out some of the most popular 1aaa lights. I'd actually consider 2aa or even 1aa larger than necessary for a routine edc. This might be a good topic for a cpfwiki page rather than a discussion thread.

Zenster

Enlightened
I am trying to put together a list of consensus picks from what I've read in these forums.

A consensus here on CPF?

After trying to find a consensus here on CPF myself once, I gave up and took up a more fruitful pastime of herding cats.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
A consensus here on CPF?

After trying to find a consensus here on CPF myself once, I gave up and took up a more fruitful pastime of herding cats.

hmm... herding cats doesn't sound very peaceful. :crackup:
lions or siamese, equally difficult.

Glance2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input so far, I have added to the original post to reflect your suggestions.

There is an abundance of great information on this forum. It can be bewildering for an avid beginner. I wanted to give people a starting place.

It may even cut back the number of duplicate threads on "Best AA" or "Help me find AAA", etc.